NBA Live 2003 Screenshots
NBA LIVE 2003
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Canada
Ship Date: Fall 2002
NBA LIVE 2003 allows players to get into the action and live their dreams of NBA superstardom. Totally enhanced gameplay brings the physical, fast-paced action of the NBA to life, while all-new animations and audio deliver the awesome drama and emotion of the NBA experience. In NBA LIVE 2003 players feel the action like never before and make their hoop dreams come true.
- Online Gaming (PS2 Only) - Features an on-line lobby area where gamers can meet, greet, chat and play NBA LIVE 2003 head to head, as well as download current player rosters throughout the real NBA season (roster update includes trades, position changes, and injuries).
- Realistic rebounding - Significant changes to the rebounding logic so players react in a more realistic manner to missed shots. Over 30 new rebounding animations allow for a wider variety of pulls off the glass.
- More bumping and grinding - Motion capture performed with two to four athletes simultaneously is used for specific contact situations like post moves, pick and roll plays and drawing the charge.
- Run and Shoot - Enhanced CPU logic and AI allow for more effective fast breaks, open players cut to the hoop for scoring opportunities and the turbo buttons are fine-tuned affording players a wider array of in-game strategies.
- Silky smooth animations - Users are provided a much more fluid and responsive game experience.
- Enhanced dribbling, player movement and signature moves - All new motion captured celebration animations, dribble moves, and dunks attributed to selected players (varies depending on the individual players' skills and attributes). Also, all new dribbling, walking and running animations for all players.
- More responsive shot blocking - New shot blocking mechanism allows players greater responsiveness and quickness to shots creating a greater chance of blocks. NBA LIVE 2003 features a wide variety of all-new shot blocking animations such as blocking the ball off the backboard and rejections into the stands.
- Individual passing styles - Player specific pass animations all dependant on skills and attributes.
- NBA atmosphere - Enhanced lighting for players and arenas, new crowd animations, real NBA coaches on the sidelines, as well as dramatic camera coverage of in-game and out of play sequences all culminate in an authentic NBA experience.
- Authentic NBA arena sounds - Hear what it's like to be on the court with all-new audio. Player calls, as well as court and arena sound effects deliver a gameplay experience that fully immerses the player in the action.
- Classic Jerseys - Classic jerseys give players a chance to relive their teams' glory days in the authentic gear.
- Situational controller vibration - Intensifies vital in-game moments like a last second shot or the shot clock winding down.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about NBA Live 2003
More On GameRevolution