NBA Shootout 2003 Screenshots
NBA Shootout 2003
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: 989 Sports
Players: 1-2 players
Platform: PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System
Peripherals: DUALSHOCK™2 analog controller, Memory Card (8MB)
(for PlayStation 2) Launch Date: September 24, 2002
Target Age: 17+
Rating: "RP" for Rating Pending
989 Sports is taking hoops to a whole new level with NBA ShootOut 2003
for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Following a year
off in the Development League, 989 Sports' NBA franchise is back sporting
all-new features including Career Mode, which will allow gamers to create
a player and take him from the National Basketball Development League
(NBDL) to the NBA Finals where he will get a chance to bang with the
big boys. A new Practice Mode will help players fine-tune their jumper
from anywhere on the court or get their free-throw percentage up for
that game-winning shot when the ring is on the line. With the Create
Dunk feature you are now able to choreograph your own personal aerobatic
dunk. Fast- paced NBA action, authentic NBA Artificial Intelligence,
player models accurate down to the tattoos, updated graphics and all-new
features make NBA ShootOut 2003 the must-have hoops title.
- NEW - Career Mode allows gamers to test their skills in the Summer League against other NBA players and hopefuls. Impress a team's front office in the Summer League, and sign a contract to play in the National Basketball Developmental League (NBDL). Players work on their game playing in the officially licensed NBDL and wait for the call-up to the "show."
- NEW - Practice Mode gives you an opportunity to work on your game and get focused before tip-off. Practice Mode provides tips and timing techniques to improve anyone's game whether looking to become an offensive flurry or a defensive marvel.
- NEW - Player Models have been sculpted from 4 different skeletal frames for ultra-realistic body styles. Each player features animated texture-mapped faces from authentic NBA photos, unique head shapes, skin tones, tattoos and optional goggles, head, wrist and armbands.
- NEW - Create Dunk will have gamers fabricating unbelievably unique jams with bits and pieces of the most famous dunks in basketball.
- NEW - Authentic NBA Environment including animations for three on-court referees, television cameramen and jumbotrons.
- Refined Gameplay & Restructured AI bring fast paced NBA realism to a whole new level. The computer better manages passing, the clock, fouls and timeouts and is sure to take advantage of any of your miscues or tendencies.
- 18 1-Touch Player Controls include Screen, Auto Defend, Pump Fake, Special Dribble and more. Gamers won't get bogged down with cumbersome controller combinations as more advanced controls have also been simplified for quicker and better player movements.
- Network-Style Presentation now features a two man-booth. More than 100 hours of play-by-play from Ian Eagle is now complimented with commentary from Bill Walton.
- Playbooks Designed with Consultation From NBA stars include more than 450 team- specific plays and sets that replicate every team in the NBA. NBA players consulted include: Stephon Marbury, Chris Webber, Jason Kidd, "Bo" Outlaw, Robert Horry and more.
- NBA Signature Animations from more than a dozen NBA stars. Motion-captured animations include all aspects of the game including dribbling through traffic, passing, shooting, rebounding and more than 50 signature dunks.
- Total Control Passing allows you to pick your passes and get the ball to a specific teammate with the touch of a button. Work the defense or kick the ball outside for the open three.
- Total Control Screening lets you set a pick or call for a screen to give your hot shooter the open look.
- Touch Shooting will help you refine your touch by using the shot meter to control the accuracy of your shot.
- Total Control Dribbling puts ball control in the palm of your hand as you go between the legs, behind the back or go for the cross-over dribble as you take it to the hole.
- Hot & Cold Streaks will affect your game just like the pros. Hit three consecutive shots to put a player in the zone. Miss three consecutive and you'll have trouble hitting from the paint.
- Create Player utilizes player ratings to create an all-world talent or design a player to reflect your own characteristics.
- Comprehensive Statistical Analysis allows you to track stats for teams, individuals and league leaders while you monitor standings and comparison charts for teams and players.
- Extensive Roster Management allows you to edit your starting line-up, trade players or release and sign free agents to build your dynasty.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about NBA Shootout 2003