Neverwinter Nights 2 Screenshots
RELEASE DATE: October 2006
DEVELOPER: Obsidian Entertainment
PUBLISHER: Atari, Inc.
CATEGORY: Role Playing Game
ESRB RATING: ‘RP’ for Rating Pending
Bards sing tales of heroes from ages past, but never have the Forgotten Realms so desperately needed a champion. Years have passed since the war between Luskan and Neverwinter, almost enough time for the wounds of war to heal. But the brief peace the Realms have known may be at an end. Tension growing between the mighty city-states means the Sword Coast again teeters on the edge of open war. Unnoticed, a greater danger stalks the City of Skilled Hands. Unbeknownst to the denizens of the North, deep in the Mere of Dead Men, dark forces from across the Realms have been rallied under the banner of a legendary evil. If left unchallenged, all of the North is doomed to fall under its power.
Even in this darkest hour, hope remains. A mysterious relic is borne to Neverwinter in the hands of a lone hero so that its secrets may be unlocked - secrets that carry the fate of all the North. So begins an epic tale of shattered alliances, noble acts and dark deeds to be told across the Realms for generations to come.
- Experience the long-awaited sequel to the game that revolutionized creating and playing computer role-playing games;
- Use the completely rewritten, powerful Obsidian Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset to create your own adventures, share them with friends, or run them through your adventure directly as the Dungeon Master;
- Play online with other gamers and enjoy limitless adventure;
- Explore the Forgotten Realms in greater graphical splendour than ever before with a completely new, cutting-edge graphics system and an overland map;
- Play new subraces like the Tiefling and Aasimar, while employing new spells, feats, and advanced prestige classes, based on the exciting Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition rules;
- Customizable Strongholds that allow the players to hire workers (like blacksmiths etc.), assemble and train troops, and expand the stronghold;
- Recruit up to three companions to assist in your adventures. Improved party control allows for more dynamic tactical decisions in combat and more personal interaction;
- Rediscover familiar locations and meet old friends from the Neverwinter Nights series.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Neverwinter Nights 2