Order of War Screenshots
London (20th July 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces ORDER OF WAR™, a brand new World War II Action-Strategy game developed by strategy specialist Wargaming.net, will be released on Windows® PC across all PAL territories on 18th September 2009.
ORDER OF WAR is set to be the most accessible and explosive strategy title on the market. Components such as base building and resource gathering have been stripped away to create a WWII game that focuses on non-stop action featuring massive scale battles. With missions based on key historic events and operations from 1944, players take command of an entire army including ground troops, artillery, tank divisions and aircraft in all out strategic assaults. While a unique cinematic camera mode allows players to experience the action up-close in a detail previously unseen in the strategy genre.
Larry Sparks, Vice President Brands PAL Region of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “With ORDER OF WAR, Wargaming.net has been very clever to create a fantastically accessible game that eliminates the slower elements of the strategy genre to deliver non-stop action that keeps the player at the frontline of historic WWII battles. We hope that players enjoy this exciting new title.”
Victor Kislyi, chief executive officer of Wargaming.net says, "ORDER OF WAR takes strategy games in a new exciting direction, by focusing the action on the best part of battles and challenging gamers to defeat the most powerful armies of WWII. We are really glad that this immense title will be released by Square Enix – one of the largest and most successful publishers in the world."
About ORDER OF WAR
In the summer of 1944, the Second World War entered its end-game when the Allies launched two major operations that would drive back German forces on both the Western and Eastern Fronts at once.
In the ultimate test of military strategy, ORDER OF WAR will challenge you not only to lead America’s finest to victory in the west, but also place you in command of German forces charged with repelling American forces in the west and the Red Army’s seemingly unstoppable offensive in the East.
Even the keenest military minds will find that it’s one thing to make history, but quite another to change it.
Do you have what it takes to command?
• Experience WWII warfare on an epic, cinematic stage; that truly captures the intensity and scale of the battlefield.
• Take Command of an entire armoured force consisting of up to 1,000 soldiers, tank divisions, armoured vehicles, artillery and air force.
• Players can choose between two different campaign modes – American versus German forces on the western front and German versus Russian and American forces – offering completely different storylines, missions, objectives and environments.
• Experience the unique dynamic camera that allows players to command troops over huge geographical scale whilst delivering movie-like vistas and stunning detail.
• In-depth gameplay modes - two different campaign modes, multi-player, Deathmatch and Skirmish’.
For more information about ORDER OF WAR please visit the official website at www.orderofwar.com
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Order of War