Title: Overspeed: High Performance Street Racing
Publisher City Interactive
Format: PC DVDROM
Brand: Premiere Silver
Age Rating: 3+
Available: 13 June 2008
Overspeed: High Performance Street Racing, a racing game for the PC launches from City Interactive’s Premiere Silver range of brand new games priced at just £4.99. Drivers of the fastest and most showy cars take to the streets of L.A, the birthplace of illegal street racing to become legends of the night. The competition is cut-throat but race well and climb the ladder of the underground street racing hierarchy to become L.A.’s new racing hero! As players progress through the game, they must modify their rides, take up challenges and win, win, win!
Overspeed puts players in the seat of one of 10 stock import cars challenging them to seek out random street races where you can win parts and cars. Faithfully recreated famous locations of illegal races in Los Angeles come to life for players with diversified roadways, corners, and intersections that made the dynamic street races a possibility. Players must slowly mold their vehicle into a finely tuned racing machine, capable of taking on the streets, but it won’t be easy! There are many other racers out there with these same aspirations, willing to do whatever it takes to get the checkered flag first!
Disassemble, repair, and upgrade vehicles part by part - from bumpers to sway bars - nearly every possible part that is found on an actual vehicle will not only be present in Overspeed, but removable, damageable, and upgradeable. Basic rules of tuning allows players to improve the efficiency of the engine in top gear in order to achieve more speed, change the exhaust system in order to have better acceleration, install a spoiler, a diffuser and door sills to improve aerodynamics and install a nitrous oxide system to boost the power of their ride.
• 10 highly detailed vehicle models
• Locational damage and realistic damage modelling on every part of the vehicle
• Visual and mechanical tuning – match the performance of your ride with the right look to reflect your own personal style and create the fastest car in town
• Interchangeable parts from bumpers to exhaust pipes to engines, allowing for numerous of customising options
• Supports standard PC driving wheels and peripherals
• Expanded single player career as well as a multiplayer mode for up to 8 players
• Online live head-to-head play, with score/time based competitive play, ranking and matchmaking system
• Ghosting or collision enabled play
Overspeed: High Performance Street Racing is just one of six brand new PC games launched this month by City Interactive, one of Poland’s largest games developers and international multi-format publishers. The new releases are from the Silver Premiere collection priced just £4.99 and follow hot on the heels of the first three Gold Premiere titles launched in May which marked City Interactive’s long awaited UK arrival.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Overspeed