Welcome to Paper Mario™, a One-Player, Role-Playing Game
Platform: Nintendo 64
AVAILABLE: February 5, 2001
ESRB Rating: E for Everyone
• Mario®, Princess Peach, Bowser and the citizens of Mushroom Kingdom
are back in a new adventure for Nintendo® 64 that breaks through the
traditional appearance of video games by featuring an artistic 2-D look
in a 3-D rendered world.
• Mario takes center stage in turn-based battles with classic Mario
brick-bashing and Koopa-kicking action in the first Mario adventure
since Super Mario 64™.
• Gamers young and old will adore the refreshing appearance of this
family-friendly game as they watch the scenery "unfold" as paper-thin,
2-D characters flip, flop and flutter their way through this storybook
• Paper Mario lets you journey through Forever Forest, blow through
Gusty Gulch and make the ascent to Shooting Star Summit in a search
for the seven Star Spirits and the powerful Star Rod.
• Players enter an animated pop-up book world that features all of
Nintendo's classic characters traveling through the mystical realm of
the Mushroom Kingdom.
• Players will uncover a whopping 100 items that will aid Mario in
his quest. By mixing items together in just the right combination, players
can make 40 more. Ultra Mushrooms, Ancient Artifacts and Tasty Tonic
will give Mario just the boost he needs to confront the Koopa King.
• Players can get over 50 Action Badges by super-charging Mario in
many different ways. Mario's new powered-up abilities include Mega Quake,
Triple Dip and Super Jump Charge. You can mix and match badges and pin
them on the plumber to create your own unique Super Mario to topple
• Seven all-new companion characters join Mario to offer assistance
in new and mysterious ways. With their distinct attacks and abilities,
Parakarry, Bombette, Goombario and others help players in their battles