Patapon 3 Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio
Platform: PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system
Players: 1 – 8 Players
Launch Date: Fall 2010
ESRB Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment’s Worldwide Studios, Japan Studio/Pyramid, PataponTM3 sees the return of the innovative, rhythm-based 2D action game exclusively for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Patapon 3 - a follow-up to the critically acclaimed Patapon and Patapon 2 titles - introduces a new warrior, a Superhero Patapon, that players can use to head into musical battle, devastating opponents with deadly, rhythmic attacks. Players will go on multiplayer Quest with friends or go head-to-head on an epic four-against-four battle against other Patapon clans with network play (up to eight players). Patapon is a fully customizable experience, with different weapons and abilities that combine music and dance to create the only multiplayer portable adventure full of rhythm and war.
The brave Patapon tribe cross the recently constructed bridge at the end of Patapon 2. A mysterious box lies in their path and they combine their efforts to break it open. They successfully break open the box to release… the seven evil spirits! All the Patapons are turned to stone except for Hatapon. He has escaped the tragedy and finds a silver Hoshipon at the bottom of the box which gives him a new power to defeat the evil spirits: Superhero Patapon.
* BIGGEST RYHTHMIC-BASED WAR EXPERIENCE ON THE PSP - Glimpse into the deep multiplayer campaigns that deliver an epic feel with the addition of the new Hero Patapon!
* SUPER HEREO SPECIAL ATTACKS - Customize your Super Hero Patapon to your specifications and deliver special attacks with the new Superhero character then lead your rhythmic army with a vast selection of soldier types.
* ONLINE CO-OP - Online Co-op and competitive gameplay with up to 8 players.
* CHAT SYSTEM - Chat with other Super Hero Patapons with an all new Pata-Text chat system.
* RHYTHM AND ACTION COLLIDE – Master all 8 drum rhythms and match them to your friends to lead your squad into victory over enemies and online opponents.
* LEVELING-UP – Collect elements to level-up your Super Hero Patapon or evolve into other Patapon forms.
* MISSION VARIETY – Take part in Co-Op Quests or competitive ‘Capture the Flag’ multiplayer game modes.
* UNIQUE ART STYLE – French graphic artist Rolito, noted for his abstract art style seen in collectible toys, animation, and websites, lends his skills to create a variety of unique characters and environments, bringing the Patapon world to life.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Patapon 3
More On GameRevolution