NEW YORK - October 31, 2008
Paradox Interactive invites you to leave the safety of your hiding place and enter the horror odyssey of Penumbra Collection. The new horror game pack announced today includes the critically acclaimed games Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague together with the puzzle oriented expansion pack Requiem. The horror collection is planned for a release in Q1, 2009.
”Our intent with the Penumbra series has always been to focus on fear. We set out to create an experience where the gamer is vulnerable with a sense of discomfort beyond what games in the horror genre typically deliver,” said Thomas Grip, Lead Programmer/Co-founder of Frictional Games.
The critically acclaimed survival horror series Penumbra has become a cult classic. The game’s emphasis on challenging problem solving and survival, offers players an unparalleled psychological thrill. Played from a first person perspective and powered by a 3D engine utilizing cutting edge technology, Penumbra is a substantial advancement of the horror genre.
“The horror experience is enhanced by the unique physics system that allows the gamer to interact with nearly every object, which gives a vivid and intense feeling of involvement,” said Sound Director / Co-founder of Frictional Games, Jens Nilsson.
Penumbra Collection features:
• Cutting-edge game engine featuring modern 3D and physics technologies
• Physics system allowing for true environmental interaction and direct manipulation of objects
• Detailed and highly interactive environments
• Advanced AI, enabling enemies to cooperate and use the environment
• An environmental audio system, to heighten the senses
• Wide array of puzzle challenges
• An immersive and thought provoking story line
Prepare yourself to be taken on an intense journey filled with psychological horror and unspeakable things, hiding deep in the darkness in Penumbra Collection.