PixelJunk Monsters Encore Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Q-Games Ltd.
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system / PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN)
Genre: Action Strategy
Rating: “E” for Everyone
Target Release: MAY 8, 2008
It’s time to collect those shiny coins and gems and fire up the cannons - the Monsters are back! Available now on PSN, PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore adds 15 levels to the addictive real-time strategy game from Japan’s Q-Games. Keeping the same attractive style of meticulously hand-drawn 2D art, PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore recreates the look of a classic with crisp graphics designed for optimal viewing in Full 1080p HD.
In PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore, the player controls a defender-of-the-forest character in a lush forest environment. The player’s goal is to strategically defend the pathway to his homebase from an onslaught of various threatening monsters. In between waves of monster attacks, the player scrambles to reinforce his defenses by collecting gold coins and jewels from fallen enemies to finance new towers and research deadlier weapons. Eventually, the player can harness the elements throughout the 15 different stages to cast lightning storms across the forest. Gamers can enjoy PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore with a friend in offline co-op mode, which requires careful strategy and communication. Additionally, PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore will support online leaderboards for both 1p and 2p co-op.
• New Maps - 15 new levels on “Toki Island” give players plenty of the addictive “tower defense” style that made PixelJunk™ Monsters a cult classic.
• Simple But Deep – 15 new levels on “Toki Island” Simple controls PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore easy to learn. But mastering the challenges of tower upgrade and placement requires deep strategic thinking, leading to hours of addictive gameplay.
• Visually Charming – PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore features a unique hand-drawn art style with 15 new stages and weather effects brought to life in 1080p HD.
• Distinctive Music – Features new original music and sound by Japanese ambient techno group Otograph
• Online Leaderboards – For tracking both single player and co-op high scores.
• Remote Play – PixelJunk™ Monsters Encore also supports Remote Play for more Monsters on your PSP!
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about PixelJunk Monsters Encore
More On GameRevolution