Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Screenshots
The PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise has long been regarded as offering incredible realism and control, however PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 will reinvigorate the series with the most advanced set of improved gameplay additions, control options and to catch up with the evolution of the real-life soccer. Central to its total freedom of play, PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 introduces a power bar for each player that allows the user to determine the exact strength and placement of every pass and shot. Balls can now be spread absolutely anywhere with surgical precision, with long balls into space, short passes to feet, and intricate one-twos allowing the player to dictate play and control the tempo of a match.
This freedom of play is also extended via new AI routines designed to place every move and decision into the player's hands. No longer will assisted AI intervene during matches; users will now need to sense and react to threats intuitively as opposed to chasing the ball; and passes will not automatically reach the nearest player. Instead, all-new routines facilitate complete control both of the player and their chosen actions in every respect to give the player sublime control over every movement.
Key to PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011's new approach is a specially designed control system that allows total control over every element of play. The triangulation of passes and making space using clever runs becomes paramount, and building up a play will pay massive dividends. Additionally, dribbling and close control are tougher to master, and the days of making streaking runs through the centre of the park are over, as PES mirrors the real-life soccer.
The result is the most complete and realistic PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER to date. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 delivers an evolved experience that still has the key PES ethos of skill and realism at its core, with every other aspect of the game being totally reworked as well, including:
* Total Control: The PES Production team has enhanced the 360-degree passing ratio, offering unprecedented levels of control over every pass, shot, headed ball, throw-in and through ball. This allows users to pass the ball into space, and move their play with total freedom. Players must precisely weight their passes and second-guess the runs of their teammates and exploit their movement, while lofted through-balls have an all-new level of accuracy.
* Shot Stamina Gauge: In addition to the generic power gauge, the Shot Stamina meter details the player's exact level of fitness. Constantly sprinting will affect the player's movements and will have an adverse affect on his stats, with passes going awry and a loss of pace.
* New Defender AI: Players now also hold their positions naturally, no longer chasing any ball that enters their area; preferring to close down the attacker and force them into a mistake.
* Animation and Player Physics: The PES Production team has totally reworked every element of in-game animation. These additions will become clear before even kick-off, with the players enjoying fluid, natural movements, with more realistic acceleration and inertia than ever before. The physicality between players is also improved, which was a priority requested in PES forums. Jostling and blocking now looks stunning, while there is a larger variety of convincing tackling styles. Ambient animation also adds to the in-game atmosphere, as players adapt their running and movement styles in line with play.
* Speed of Play: The new level of control means that PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 enjoys a more considered pace of play, which varies dependent on situations. The game will burst into life as counter-attacks come into play, but players can dictate the pace via slow build up or exploiting available space to surge forward. It is harder to make long runs from midfield, and successful play will depend on making quick passes to make room.
* Improved Goalkeepers: In keeping with the basis of total freedom of movement, players now have more control over their 'keeper. This greater control allows for quick roll-outs, instinctive saves, pinpoint accuracy with goal kicks, and precision ball distribution to make quicker breaks or playing down the clock easier.
* Aesthetics: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 showcased the best likenesses in a soccer game, and PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 ups the ante further. Facial animation has been enhanced, but the key advances are over 1000 all-new animations which have been recreated from the ground up using over 100 hours of motion captured footage. Every aspect of player movement has been reworked, with more organic runs, turns, throw-ins, tackles, and interaction. The way players speed up and slow down is also more natural; while replays display elements of motion blur that bring your saved goals to vivid life.
* Tactics and Strategy: The sheer number of options available in the PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER series has established it as a remarkably flexible simulation, allowing players to stamp their playing style on each match. The PES Production team has implemented an all new 'Drag and Drop' mechanism that can be used in every aspect of team management, not just substitutions or formation changes. These settings are also animated to promote better understanding of the plays that have been altered.
* Feint Settings: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER has always offered a wide range of subtle skills, feints and turns, but PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 allows users to map key skills to a specific control area, making them available via the second stick or via specific button presses, making them more accessible than ever before.
* Master League Online: Master League will offer an all-new challenge, as users are invited to try their hand against other managers online. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 will mark the online debut for its much-loved Master League element, with players bidding against each other for the world's best players, and attempting to build a squad that can compete with the best against online peers all over the globe.
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2011 also features a myriad of smaller additions, all designed to enhance the overall experience. The game's difficulty level has been upped thanks to the greater control on offer, while new camera angles showcase the game's stunning visuals and animation. Both referees and goal keepers have been improved in both aesthetic and AI terms, while an all-new commentary process has been implemented that offers a better and less repetitive overview of the proceedings.
The game will also see the return of Lionel Messi - arguably the greatest player in the modern game - as its cover star, and the expansion of its exclusive UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League elements, and the addition of the Copa Libertadores, South America's most influential and important club-based competition.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.