RACE 07 - The Official WTCC Game features the full FIA WTCC season of 2007 including all cars and tracks, as well as several new support classes and tracks from all over the world. The game also features the full WTCC season of 2006 which was included in the games predecessor RACE – The WTCC Game, released in 2006 on PC.
For the first time ever SimBin is also presenting single seater action with Formula cars. Race with the incredibly fast Formula 3000, Formula BMW and in addition also the Radical sports cars with the models SR3 and SR4.
To support these new race classes the player will be offered the choice between one- or two-race-format. The highly detailed damage system is also adapted to give the Formula cars the vulnerability they have in real life.
RACE 07 comes with a score of new tracks and added track variations including several new city tracks, alternate track layouts and reversed track option. Several new community oriented features, game modes and online functionalities will also be announced later.
All in all RACE 07 features more than 300 cars in 9 different classes on 32 real life racing tracks and city circuits from all over the world.
- Over 300 Cars - RACE 07 features over 300 cars in 9 different racing classes. It includes the full 2007 and 2006 seasons of the WTCC, the fantastic BMW E30 M3 and Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo from WTCC 1987, Formula 3000, Formula BMW, the Mini Cooper Challenge, the Radical SR3 and SR4 in various configurations as well as the Caterham CSR200, CSR260 and CSR320 Concept.
- Formula cars and Sports cars - Next to the touring cars RACE 07 also features Formula cars as well as sports cars. To enhance the experience of driving the open race cars we have developed a helmet camera as never seen before. Not only does it accurately resemble the view from inside a helmet, it also has all the visor dynamics the real fan could wish for. The visor gets dirty and can be cleaned by pulling off a protective layer of plastic, the so called Tear-off. This all contributes to a unique experience.
- True to life damage - A new damage system have been created for RACE 07, this is done to also support the formula class and Radical cars, the new damage model features detachable wheels, nose sections, engine covers, even wings are independently detachable upon impact.
- 32 Different tracks and variations from all over the world, including city tracks - RACE 07 features 32 tracks from all over the world, closely modeled after their real-live examples. Next to the famous real life racetracks RACE 07 also feature several city tracks for even more intense action. Several tracks are exclusively represented in RACE 07 and are not featured in any other motorsports games.
- Enhanced track dynamics - With RACE 07 all tracks comes with a strengthened attention to details. Focus has been on trying to recreate the atmosphere surrounding real life racing and race tracks. 3D audience and more than double the amount of track side objects are just a few of the steps taken to improve the immersion of actually being on one of the real life race tracks included in the game.
- Car filter - RACE 07 features a car filter that allows you to mix cars and classes as you please. Use the car filter to create single make racing or mix formula cars, sports cars and touring cars.
- Human-like AI opponents that will force you into an error -
- The AI in RACE 07 is better than ever. They behave as natural, trying to force you into an error, putting the pressure on by making moves and stressing you by flashing their headlights. You'll have a hard time defending from these fanatics; the strength/aggression of the opponents can also be adjusted in the game!
- Online artificial intelligence - RACE 07 includes online AI which means that you can fill up the field of cars on a server with computer generated opponents. This feature assures a challenging online experience, even if you are just a few people logged into the server.
- Enhanced community appeal; community drivers, customized skins and league-support - RACE 07 has everything racing-communities could wish for. Not only are the loyal fans of SimBin racing games already represented in the game through their names on various cars, they will also be able to host leagues and use their own car skins in the game, creating the ultimate individual championships.
- The two-race-format - RACE 07 truthfully recreates the WTCC all the way to the two-race format of the real WTCC races. The top eight finishers in the first race will switch places on the grid for the second race and the winner of the race session is the player who gathers the most combined points in the both races.
- Bugs and dirt on window - A new version of the bug on window and dynamic weather effects system used in RACE is being introduced for RACE 07, this will also work on the helmet visor and will greatly enhance the immersion factor while playing the game. Functioning window wipers allow you to sweep away both rain and insects.
- Dynamic weather effects - Dynamic water drops on helmet visor and windows are simulated in real-time to simulate the sensation of racing in wet or intermediate weather conditions, the liquids are also being affected by the wind speed.
- Performance monitor - The performance monitor included with RACE 07 is designed to help the player find the best compromise between visual appearance and game performance, the player can set a target frame rate, once set the game will suggest the best suitable graphical settings after having monitored the games performance during a race session.
- New controller interface - With the new controller interface much more attention is paid to the players wanting to drive the cars using a joy-pad, keyboard or utilize the mouse steering option. Added controller logics have been applied to make control of the cars with a joy-pad just as involving and satisfying as with a wheel. The new controller interface allows for several controller profiles to be created by the player.
- Offline and online versions - RACE 07 features the option of choosing between an offline and online version when the player installs the game. The offline version offers all the same content as the online version but the player will not be able to join in online multiplayer races or compete on the official RACE 07 leader boards with this version. The online version of RACE 07 needs to be installed in order to play multiplayer races and to compete on the official RACE 07 leader boards. The online version is Steam enabled and includes the Steam application.