Title: Race Driver 2006
Release: May 30th 2006
Set to be the most thrilling and comprehensive racing title on the PSP™ system, Race Driver 2006 is roaring onto the handheld in late May. Featuring the most extensive collection of high-performance race cars and world famous circuits ever seen in a PSP system title, it comes from the creators of the TOCA Race Driver games and takes the best of Codemasters’ award-winning series and adds to it.
With over 30 championships spanning the globe, from Chicago to Europe, and South Africa to Australia, you’ll be tearing up the tarmac on 60+ circuits, which, for this special edition, includes Gateway International Raceway, Nashville Superspeedway, Dover International Raceway, Bahrain International, Avignon, Shanghai International, Mondello Park, Spa-Francochamps, Snetterton, Mazda Laguna Seca, Surfers’ Paradise and Pikes Peak International Raceway.
Over 50 of the world's most powerful big-name racing and street cars will feature across the championships and covers 15 different motor racing styles including GT Sports Car Racing, Street Racing, Rally, DTM, V8 Supercars, Global GT Lights, Rally Cross, Formula Ford, Open Wheel Grand Prix, Classic Car Racing, Super Truck racing, Stockcar Oval Racing, Ice-Racing, Convertible Racing, and Performance Cars.
With wireless WLAN multiplayer action play for up to a staggering 12 players simultaneously – the highest number of any PSP system title – Race Driver 2006 also delivers multiplayer action via Game Share, enabling up to four players to enjoy fantastic WLAN racing from just one UMD!
Complete with real racing cars, real damage, real physics, and intense pack racing with up to 21 cars on-screen competing for position, Race Driver 2006 is set for a release on May 30th, exclusively for the PSP™ system.
- Game Share - allowing up to four players to enjoy fantastic WLAN racing from just one UMD disc.
- Up to 12-player WLAN play - the most players ever seen in a PSP system title.
- Exclusive Championship mode - the Trans World Cup – race around the world competing in new event-based challenges with aim of becoming the world’s best driver.
- The Trans World Cup mode is specifically tailored to give quick accessible play in short bursts, making it perfect for gaming on PSP.
- Master over 60 exhilarating and authentic racetracks, including Laguna Seca, Pike’s Peak, Road America and Nashville Super Speedway.
- The game offers players over 50 sensational machines to race, including the Dodge Charger, Buick Gran Sport 455, Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 and the Koenig GT.
- The most exciting and intense racing on PSP™ – race against up to 21 cars on track at one time.
- Fantastic special effects - full environment maps, realistic damage effects, detailed particle systems and customizable soundtracks.