Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory Screenshots
Developer: Hudson Soft
Release Date: 2005
Platform(s): PSP™ handheld entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Multiplayer: 1-4 players via wireless multiplayer connection
Rengoku™: The Tower of Purgatory is a stunning third-person action game that places players in a dark and distant future. Modeled in a compelling blend of Eastern and Western sci-fi/fantasy, Rengoku puts gamers in the role of a well-armed battle android that must fight its way to the pinnacle of a great tower to confront a mysterious foe. As players battle upward, they improve their android's skills, acquire new weapons and technologies. Players must strategically manage their resources to tackle the missions at hand and achieve long-term goals. Rengoku also features immense replay value thanks to the PSP handheld system's wireless technology. Gamers can trade equipment and materials or battle with up to three other players in the multiplayer mode. In the end, there can be only one master atop the Tower of Purgatory !
- Rengoku takes advantage of innovative PSP handheld system technology, including wireless multiplayer and cutting edge graphics
- Enhance your battle android by trading equipment and upgrades with other players via the PSP handheld system's wireless connection
- Dungeon-crawling action with randomized levels and missions for tremendous replay value
- Strategic weapons upgrades â€“ defeating enemies will allow for armament upgrades for different parts of the character's body
- Up to four players can play in a death match mode through wireless multiplayer connection.
- Original science fiction setting with breathtaking graphics and a dark, gritty and foreboding art direction from famed Japanese sci-fi/fantasy illustrator Jun Suemi
- Eight massive, distinctly-themed levels
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory