The Revolution PC screens!
Click on the thumbs to enlarge.
Elixir Studios/Eidos Fact Sheet
TITLE: REPUBLIC: THE REVOLUTION
PLATFORMS: PC CD-ROM
ESRB RATING: RATING PENDING
DEVELOPER: Elixir Studios (Camden, England)
PUBLISHER: Eidos Interactive
RELEASE DATE: Fall 2002
Following the fall of the mighty Soviet Union, dozens of autonomous countries spring from the crumbling remnants. It is into one of these, the Republic of Novistrana, that you enter the fray as a small time faction leader. Starting with nothing more than a single loyal supporter, a tiny secret HQ and a very small base of local support, you must build up a nationwide faction powerful enough to oust the President and rule the Republic…by any means necessary.
- Persuade, hire and recruit all manner of specialist characters (from army generals to TV films stars to archbishops) to your cause, or use less ethical methods such as brainwashing or blackmailing to achieve your aims.
- Rise to power through the use of politics, business, crime, religion or military force. Behave as ruthlessly or as compassionately as you want. The choice is yours but beware as every decision has its consequences and repercussions.
- Influence the general populace by using your key supporters to instigate actions. Order and orchestrate thousands of exciting and diverse actions from vast rallies and riots, to rigging football matches, to secret police 'hits,' to broadcasting news propaganda. In short, anything that has any influential significance can be done.
- Players may follow five different strands of play, allowing them to play as politicians, businessmen, criminals, religious leaders or generals.
- The most advanced graphics engine ever seen: "Totality". Capable of rendering scenes with an unlimited number of polygons in real-time.
- Revolutionary AI techniques will allow living and breathing individual citizens to inhabit the dozens of towns and cities in Novistrana.
- Each person has detailed daily routines that range from going to work, to collecting their kids from school, to shopping and to voting in an election. Each individual will also have his/her own set of beliefs, emotions, skills and loyalties that govern behavior, producing consistent and realistic reactions to situations that arise in the game.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Republic