Resistance: Retribution Screenshots
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: SCEA Bend Studio
Platform: PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system
Genre: 3rd Person Action/Adventure
Launch Date: Spring 2009
Rating: Rating pending
The war against the Chimera just got personal.
Developed by SCEA’s award winning Bend Studio, Resistance: Retribution is a third-person adventure designed specifically for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system. Utilizing their expertise in creating high quality titles for the PSP, Bend Studio has created an all new story, levels, weapons and enemies, as well as a proprietary targeting system that takes full advantage of the PSP control system. Their third generation PSP game engine pushes the system to its limit, allowing more detailed characters, special effects, and terrain that captures the look and feel of the Resistance universe on the portable system.
Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man®, Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy – he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile... in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance – the Maquis – enlist Grayson's help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.
• Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2™.
• Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
• Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
• Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
• Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
• Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K “One shot, one kill” sniper rifle.
• Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2™ and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
• Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
• Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Resistance: Retribution
More On GameRevolution