Platform: PlayStation(tm) 2
Ship: January 2002
Buckling under the weight of extreme data overload, the vast network of the
information age is forced to undergo a complete overhaul. At the core of
the new network is an artificial intelligence life form named Eden.
Incredibly advanced, Eden begins to ponder its own existence and lapses into
a coma from all the confusion. And the experience begins. Players must
embark on a journey to find Eden within the realm of 3D cyberspace, hacking
the code and altering the visual output by locking on and targeting a
plethora of potentially harmful creatures in the dreamlike environment. The
ultimate goal is the system's core - take control of the network and its
music to unlock the system's secrets and wake Eden from its slumber.
Created by Sega's United Game Artist (UGA) development studio and president
Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Rez is an action shooter that defies all others on the
market in both style and premise. Rez is a blend of intense shooting action
with easy to grasp controls, topped with cutting edge sound and mesmerizing
graphics that show off the power of PS2.
Rez requests your senses. Are you game?
- With mind-blowing graphics and ultra high-quality sound, Rez redefines
the action shooter genre
- Music created from a variety of sampling methods to please every
- Revolutionary gameplay allows players to create their own rhythms
- A variety of engrossing stages, each with its own unique artistic
style; Extra Modes including "Score Attack," "Beyond Mode," "Boss
Rush" and "Trance Mission"
- Unlockable stages and detailed performance statistics provide unlimited
- More than 20 extra features are unlockable by mastering all aspects
of the game
- Masterful design blends intense visuals, addictive action and awesome
music into one seamless gaming experience
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Rez