Rogue Warrior Screenshots
Developer: Zombie Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Release Date: Fall 2007
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation3, Windows
Genre: First-Person Tactical Shooter
Rogue Warrior™ is a story-driven shooter that provides team-based tactical combat set in massive, contiguous levels using Unreal 3 streaming technology. Unlike in other shooters, players are given the freedom to choose how to complete a given objective, allowing for creativity and surprises, rather than heavily scripted events. Advanced AI allows NPCs to react and fight realistically, see and hear others, and respond as a team. Multiplayer offers a unique experience through its combination of ten gameplay modes and a system whereby maps are created using tiles that are selected by each team, exponentially increasing the number of possible maps.
You play Dick Marcinko, leader of an elite SEAL unit trapped behind enemy lines in North Korea as a war breaks out between North and South Korea. Greatly outnumbered and with no support and limited resupply, you must try to lead your team back into South Korea without alerting the North Korean army of your presence. Your journey will take you through a variety of never-before-seen environments inside of North Korea, including submarine pens, shipbreaker yards, prison camps, and more.
Unique Game Features:
• State-of-the-art graphics using Unreal 3 streaming technology that provides non-linear levels and photorealistic environments with full use of the latest shader technology
• The campaign can be played alone or with up to three friends in four-player co-operative mode
• Full multiplayer support for up to 24 players in ten different gameplay modes, and a unique tile-based map system that allows for more maps than any other shooter
• Enemy and team AI that move and fight realistically in a variety of combat situations
• Current and former SEALs work closely with the development team to ensure that everything from tactics to weapons to dialog achieves unprecedented realism.
• A full physics system, motion-captured animations, and sound effects by Oscar award-winning studio SoundDelux DMG (Black Hawk Down, Kill Bill) bring combat to life like never before.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Rogue Warrior
More On GameRevolution