IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — MAY 10, 2006 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced the acquisition of the North American publishing rights to Rule of Rose, an action-horror game for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
"Rule of Rose is an intensely atmospheric and incredibly disturbing experience," said Carl Chen, project lead for Atlus U.S.A., Inc. "The award-nominated CG scenes draw the player into a demented world where nothing is as it seems."
Developed in Japan by Punchline and Shirogumi, and published in Japan by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Rule of Rose is scheduled for release in the fall of 2006.
Rule of Rose has not yet been rated by the ESRB; an M rating is expected.
Rule of Rose Background
March, 1930. A young girl named Jennifer, whose parents were killed in a tragic airship accident, is taken to the Rose Garden Orphanage, located in a remote portion of the English countryside. What Jennifer discovers is a dilapidated building and a ragtag mob of children who call themselves the "Aristocracy of the Red Crayon." The demented residents of Rose Garden kidnap Jennifer and take her into the dark heart of an impossibly large zeppelin, on a meandering course for a distant land. Now, with the help of a canine companion named Brown, Jennifer has to find valuable gifts for the Aristocracy, or suffer a fatal punishment for her insolence...
Rule of Rose Key Features
- Befriend a faithful dog and work together to locate crucial items!
- Intense melee combat against bloodthirsty monsters!
- Musical score by Yutaka Minobe (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies of Arcadia)!
- An immersive storyline with 50 minutes of award-nominated CG scenes (Official Selection of the Annecy 2006 International Animated Film Festival)!
- Multiple endings and hidden extras!