Rune: Viking Warlord Screenshots
Enter the world of Ragnar, a Viking warrior from a time long past. As
a hero handpicked by the gods to defend humanity, you are charged with
the task of doling out justice on the bloodstained edge of your massive
battle-axe. Your ultimate goal is to stop the shadowy war masters of
the netherworld from bringing about Ragnarok, the day legends say will
be when man, god and giant will wage a brutal war and destroy the world.
- Rune- Viking Warlord is the definitive version of Rune redesigned
for the PS2. New features include: new levels in the highest mountains
and the deepest depths of the netherworld, new monsters such as the
flame-clawed Hellhounds, terrifying Frost Giants of the Nordic mountains,
and the skeletons of the dead, reanimated to stop Ragnar in his quest.
- Engrossing, epic storyline delves deep into Viking mythology as
players navigate their way through over 40 distinct environments.
- Created with the multiple award winning Unreal Engine
- Build Ragnar's bloodlust and go berserk to unleash a massive flurry
- Interact with your world- use torches to burn objects and enemies
or light the way, gain weapons from your vanquished foes, smash through
walls and obstacles that stand in your way, and even attack your enemies
with their own severed limbs.
- Choose from 15 unique axes, hammers and swords to hack, bash and
slice your enemies. Everything from the classic Viking sword to huge
dwarven axes will be at your disposal. Draw upon the power of the
runestones that grant each weapon its own unique power of the gods
to vanquish your foes.
- Ragnar himself features over 7,000 frames of animation for unparalleled
control over movement and combat.
- The unique and cunning AI allows enemies to throw weapons, block
with shields, destroy obstacles and gang up to oppose Ragnar in his
- Split-screen multiplay allows you to play against your friends as
more than 20 different Viking gladiators as you square off in grandiose
arenas and ancient stone coliseums.
- The PC title has achieved strong sales resulting in a high level
of awareness and a solid fan base. Now the adventure begins on PlayStation
2 July 2001.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Rune: Viking Warlord
More On GameRevolution