Developer: Mercury Steam Entertainment
Release Date: November 2004
Genre: Third-Person Action Adventure
Game URL: http://www.scrapland.com/
Scrapland is a third-person 3-D action-adventure game set in a futuristic robotic world where humans are feared and frowned upon. The game delivers a solidly engaging, sometimes humorous adventure narrative that combines a unique blend of combat and racing. Players take on the role of D-Tritus, an intergalactic traveler who finds himself involved in a series of mysterious murders committed in a world where death had been previously unheard of. With the ability to transform into any of 15 character types each with their own unique powers and the skill to pilot hundreds of gunships found in the game, D-Tritus attempts to solve this murderous conspiracy plaguing the city of Chimera .
- Hours of incredibly detailed storyline built around an open-structured game that allows players to play along with the story or go on adventures of their own
- Spontaneous NPC behavior-depending on player's attitude
- Control hundreds of ships, each with their own variation in handling depending on weight, power and aerodynamics
- Diverse player actions, and complete freedom of movement throughout the world
- Create your own fleet and build customized gunships based on plans found in the game
- LAN and Internet support for head to head or team based combat as well as up to four player split screen support on Xbox
- AI: Proprietary path finding technology and hyper-intelligent player interaction
- Take over the bodies of other characters you meet, utilizing their unique abilities to overcome obstacles
- Massive, spectacular, and highly detailed cityscapes built in a unique futuristic style
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Scrapland