Severence, created by Rebel Act. Studios, will be a real revolution
within the 3D gaming sector. Based on a detailed and versatile state
of the art 3D technology, Severence unfolds as the utmost gaming experience.
Severence uses the ultimate gaming engine to offer a fresh and innovative
combat system that combines adventure and role-playing under a fully
interactive 3D environment. Large variety of weapons and items, tons
of enemies, lot of levels, each with its own environment, four characters
which can be configured to your specific needs.
- Severence offers four characters, each with his own special abilities.
Your adventure will vary depending on which character you select.
Would you like to be a brave Amazon? A relentless Knight? A strong
Dwarf? Or would you prefer to be a merciless Barbarian? Each of these
characters is trained in specific fighting skills and weapons, so
you will soon discover new possibilities during face to face combats,
new strategies to pit him against your enemies... A truly unique challenge
that you must experience
- The characters in Severence can use many weapons. These are only
an example. You will find different swords, bows, clubs, knives...
a whole variety available for the chosen character. As in real life,
a dwarf is not as good with a bow and arrow as an Amazon.
- You can also use enemy weapons and objects found in Severence so
that they can serve a good purpose. Blade is built with one of the
most powerful and versatile game engines in the industry. Each weapon
reacts to different enemies in a different manner.
- You will have to experiment and discover which weapons are best
for each situation. Keep alert, because evil lurks around even as
you experiment with your weapons.
- Complex enviroments in 3D using portal rendering technology. Coloured
light in a single pass. Dynamic volumetric lighting.
- Unique real time shadows. Reflecting and transparent surfaces. Distortion
maps that allow the creation of waves and reflection in water, for
example, but may be applied to any object or surface.
- Fog effects. Animation system based in hierarchical models.
- Automatic management of level of detail. Glide, OpenGL, D3D and
Software 16 bits MMX support. Real time object collision detection.
Real time rigid body dynamics with friction.
Release Date: November 2000
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Severence
More On GameRevolution