Shadow of the Colossus Screenshots
Platform: Playstation 2
Launch Date: September 2005
Target Age: 13-35
From the developers of the critically-acclaimed ICO that released in 2001 for Playstation 2 comes a new adventure - Shadow of the Colossus, exclusively for Playstation 2. In Shadow of the Colossus, players take the role of a young man seeking the truth of an ancient tale of power hidden in a mystical land. Shadow of the Colossus is a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts. With a trusty horse at your side, players explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossi. The uneasy task of defeating a Colossus relies on intelligent puzzle solving and action-oriented gameplay. Armed with strong wits, a mystical sword and a sturdy bow, players use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth.
Tales speak of an ancient land where creatures the size of mountains roam the majestic landscape. Bound to the land, these creatures hold a key to a mystical power of revival â€“ a power you must obtain to waken a loved one. Upon entry into a temple surrounded by ominous yet mysterious statues, a powerful unknown voice offers you an answer to the question you seek: bring back a spirit lost from a cursed fate. Aware of the challenges that lie ahead, you must overcome and defeat each of the Colossi.
- An artistic masterpiece developed by the critically acclaimed game developers of ICO.
- An emotional storyline of determination, resilience and respect told through the direction of a unique visual style and innovative gameplay.
- Levels: Players journey across picturesque landscapes and unearth the ferocious beauty of the 16 Colossi.
- Exploration: While traveling on horseback across miles of an ancient land, players are tasked with a variety of terrain challenges that place great emphasis on pure exploration.
- Combat: Players fight each Colossi on foot or horseback with great skill and resourcefulness with a magic sword and sturdy bow and arrow.
- An original and powerful musical score enhances the immersive experience.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Shadow of the Colossus