What: "Sigma: The Adventures of Rex Chance"
Publisher: Microsoft Corp.
Developer: Relic Entertainment Inc.
Format: CD-ROM for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 operating systems
Availability: Fall 2001
"Sigma" is a 3D, real-time strategy game set in the 1930's that pits the player against an evil madman in a desperate campaign across a chain of remote and diverse islands. Using Earth's most formidable animals as building blocks, the player creates an army of unique, mutant monsters in a struggle to protect an unsuspecting world.
- Thousands of units - "Sigma's" 50+ animals can be combined into a huge number of mutant creatures, limited only by the player's imagination.
- Explore living worlds - "Sigma's" highly detailed, fully 3-D dynamic world is complete with weather, day and night missions, and flora and fauna unique to four different ecologies. Environments impact gameplay by affecting the types of new animals available, as well as the performance of the units deployed in the environment.
- Compelling single-player campaigns - Players command dozens of creatures, villagers and henchmen in 15+ missions across 14 distinct islands in an attempt to thwart the plans of a 1930's super-villain.
- Unprecedented replay-ability - "Sigma" offers boundless creature combinations, armies and randomly generated terrain to provide limitless play options.
- Unique multiplayer options - Multiple players can engage in unprecedented, streamlined intense RTS gameplay. Fast and furious multiplayer games will focus on action for a wide appeal.
- Transferable units -Players can refine their armies in the single player campaign and then test their strategies with the same armies in multiplayer.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Sigma