Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus™
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Sucker Punch
Platform: PlayStation 2 Computer Entertainment System
Peripherals: DUALSHOCK™ analog controller, standard digital controller,
Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2)
Launch Date: September 2002
Target Age: 8 +
Rating: Rating Pending
There's a new thief in town! Sly Cooper is all about taking chances
and in this exciting new adventure, gamers will enjoy richly detailed,
toon-shaded worlds, comically animated and amusing characters, brilliant
gameplay and an action-packed caper that will have gamers sneaking around
and proving they are the best thief ever! Created and developed by Sucker
Punch, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus has been in development
for several years and is the team's first entertainment venture for
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus is a vibrantly animated caper
starring the charming and wry, charismatic thief, Sly Cooper. Born into
a family of the world's greatest thieves, Sly is given, on his eighth
birthday, the Thievius Raccoonus, a family heirloom that is passed down
from generation to generation containing all of their best-kept secrets
and thieving techniques around. Later that evening, a gang of ruthless
villains broke into his harmonious home. As Sly watched, the intruders
overpowered his father, as they stole the Thievius Raccoonus splitting
it five ways and each taking a piece of this legacy with them. Ten years
later, Sly is out to steal the Thievius Raccoonus back and reclaim what
is rightfully his. He enlists the help of his gadget genius pal Bentley,
and his big eager friend Murray, and the trio embark on a quest to restore
honor to his family's name.
- A completely innovative and unique game adventure that blends realistic physics in
richly detailed, animated worlds.
- A crafty and charming bandit determined to become the world's best thief, Sly Cooper
the raccoon is a clever, colorful and witty new character for PlayStation 2.
- In addition to the charismatic Sly Cooper, gamers will meet an entire eye-popping family
of loveable and not-so-nice characters all with fluid actions that will provide amusing
entertainment for hours on end.
- A blend of realistic physics in richly detailed, toon-shaded worlds. As one of the world's
greatest thieves, gamers will enjoy smooth, seamless gameplay and animations. Watch
as this cartoon world comes to life with a depth and dimension unlike any other.
- Deep interactive environments using triple pass polygonal rendering for lighting and
effects add mood and ambiance to a uniquely stylized look. Shadows, spot lights,
building details and special effects take on a whole new look.
- Gamers can choose from a variety of gameplay options including stealth, platform,
vehicle, boss and mini- games. Stealth and smarts are required as you sneak through the
day and night…rooftop chases, narrow escapes, dodging security guards and ninja- like
jumping…through windows, doors and across buildings.
- Multi-tiered gameplay including primary, secondary and tertiary objectives provide
additional challenges for gamers.
- Sneak around in five unique hideouts while trying to recover the Thievius Racoonus,
including Ice, Underwater, Bayou, Venice, and Industrial.