Soul Reaver2 Screenshots
Eidos Fact Sheet
TITLE: SOUL REAVER™ 2
PLATFORMS: PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
ESRB RATING: RATING PENDING
DEVELOPER: Crystal Dynamics
PUBLISHER: Eidos Interactive
RELEASE DATE: Summer 2001
Continuing the story of the critically acclaimed Soul Reaver, Raziel
emerges from the Chronoplast time portal, and returns to different eras
of Nosgoth's past in his relentless pursuit of Kain. Over the course
of his journey, he unearths the mysteries of Nosgoth's ancient races,
and exposes the secrets behind the corruption of the Pillars and the
vampire genocide. Confronting the shadows of his unremembered past,
he discovers a web of destiny stretching eons into Nosgoth's dim, unrecorded
history. As his destiny comes full circle, Raziel finds his personal
vendetta transformed into a hero's journey, with the fate of Nosgoth
hanging in the balance.
- Acquire new and improved physical abilities, and relics to interact
with the environment and unlock the dark secrets of Nosgoth.
- Encounter a variety of new enemies including vampire hunters, vampires,
Sarafan warrior-priests, spectral spirits, and extra-dimensional demons
- Immerse yourself in a gothic realm of highly detailed architecture and
environments supported by an intriguing storyline, compelling voice-over
and no loading times.
- Graphics and combat system tailor made for the PlayStation®2 computer
entertainment system - higher polygon counts & extremely detailed environments.
- Shift real-time between the spectral and material realms to access previously
- Devour the lost souls of your enemies to recover and maintain your strength.
- A constant 60fps frame-rate ensures fluid gameplay.
- Highly detailed character models - 5-6 times more polygonal detail
(the updated Raziel model is roughly 3000 polygons, compared to 500
on the PS1), and high-resolution textures with greater-color-depth.
- Character emotion - articulated facial geometry and lip-synching
provide an immersive cinematic experience.
- Real-time inverse kinematics enables characters to interact realistically
with the environment, regardless of the terrain.
- Weighted-vertex character models animate and deform more realistically.
- Cloth simulation, environment-mapping, and overall special-effects
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Soul Reaver2
More On GameRevolution