Splinter Cell Essentials Screenshots
UBISOFT ANNOUNCES TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL® ESSENTIALS
Splinter Cell Franchise Makes Impressive Debut on PSP™ System
SAN FRANCISCO – January 12, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Essentials, a spy action game available exclusively for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system. Available spring 2006 and developed specifically for the PSP system, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials will offer a new and unique gaming experience with a storyline drawn from the highest-rated spy action series of all time.
"Splinter Cell Essentials is a groundbreaking handheld game that has everything Splinter Cell fans love about the top-selling franchise," says Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft North America. "It will also feature a number of surprises that will allow players to dive deeper into the story of Sam Fisher."
About Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Essentials:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials takes players deep into the Splinter Cell saga. Experience all-new missions and objective exclusive to the PSP system, and discover the untold story of Sam Fisher through flashbacks to various missions from the entire Splinter Cell franchise, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent.
- PSP system debut: The highest-rated and top-selling spy franchise hits the PSP system for the first time, pushing the boundaries of yet another platform.
- Developed specifically for the PSP system: Unique gameplay sequences designed specifically for the on-the-go nature of handheld gaming with a new adapted interface.
- Exclusive content: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials starts where Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent ends, and takes players to the years before Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell when Sam was still a Navy Seal.
- A game of gadgets for your gadget: Features all the weapons and gadgets from the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise, in addition to some new ones exclusive to the PSP system version.
- Accessible wi-fi multiplayer: Challenge your friends in Spy vs. Spy Deathmatch multiplayer mode.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Splinter Cell Essentials