Ubi Soft® Unveils Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM,
an All-Access Pass to the Reality of Global Espionage
San Francisco - May 21, 2002 - Ubi Soft® Entertainment, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, unveiled today the creation of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell TM, introducing a brand new genre in the Tom Clancy line-up. Taking place in the realistic, highly detailed geopolitical universe of Tom Clancy, Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM is a third person stealth action game, featuring cyber-terrorism, shadow agencies, and covert operations. In the fall of 2002, Ubi Soft will debut this lone stealth action game worldwide on the Xboxí¤ video game system and then follow with the next generation platforms in 2003.
Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM will grant players access to the highest echelons of national security, where shadowy operatives have the freedom to do whatever it takes to safeguard America. In Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM, the player controls Sam Fisher, a field operative of a secretive "black-ops" NSA sub-agency called Third Echelon. Sam Fisher is geared up to infiltrate high-security strongholds, seize critical intelligence, destroy threatening data and neutralize the enemy - all without leaving a trace. Developed by Ubi Soft's Montreal Studio, Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM, is a unique experience that will have the player thinly skate on the fine line that separates fact from fiction.
"Tom Clancy's Splinter CellTM is a really ambitious title that reaches unparalleled visual quality and innovative action packed game play thanks to Ubi Soft's highly modified version of the next generation Unreal™ Engine", said Laurent Detoc, president of Ubi Soft Entertainment Inc. "We consider it to be one of our premiere games of the year."
In Game Features:
- All new graphics using the next-generation Unreal™ Engine
- 14 varied and tension filled levels
- Fully controllable camera view
- Fully interactive environment including Retinal Scanners, Finger Print Key Pads and more
- All the stealth moves a secret agent needs
- Amazing lighting effects
- A seamless blend of scripted and reactionary AI that keeps the player on their toes.
- 13 ultra modern weapons (including the multi purpose F2000)
- Numerous Hi Tech gadgets including thermo vision/night vision goggles, laser mikes and gas grenades.