Spyborgs Fact Sheet
Release Date: 2009
Genre: Action Adventure
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Rating: Rating Pending
Developer: Bionic Games
Team up and take charge!
Spyborgs, Capcom’s hottest new thrill ride will be coming exclusively for the Nintendo Wii this year. Combining an extraordinary sci-fi world with action packed 2-player co-op, this original IP is a must-have Wii title for action fans.
A cybernetically-enhanced group of super heroes is set-up to die by a former team member they trusted. When players take control of the weapon-enhanced cyborgs in their pursuit of the traitor, they will come together in 2-player co-op to face over 35 stages of mind-blowing challenges packed with epic boss battles and swarms of enemies that only a team of two can defeat!
In Spyborgs, players select two of the three Spyborg characters and use the motion-based Wii-remote to shoot, slash and pummel their way through hordes of mechanized enemies. With an in-depth 2-player co-op system, players will be able to strategically jump back and forth from one member of the team to the other, rapidly tackling different challenges with their unique abilities.
Players can also experience the frenetic fun with a friend in co-op, which opens up access to stylized co-op finishing moves. This advanced co-op system utilizing the Wii-remote motion control delivers an unparalled, highly interactive gameplay experience perfectly suited for Wii action fans. Spyborgs provides players with a dynamic and fresh approach to beat-em-up, brawler gameplay.
Using the most advanced technology on the Wii, Spyborgs is being developed by Bionic Games, a newly-formed development team comprised of former Insomniac Games and High Impact Games developers (known for their work on hugely popular franchises Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man).
• Stunning Graphics: Pushing the graphics capabilities of the Wii, Spyborgs will offer a variety of vibrant environments and detailed character models alongside action-packed gameplay.
• Extreme Co-Op: Designed around the 2-player co-op experience whether playing alone or with friends, single players can jump seamlessly between characters at any time to take advantage of their unique weapons and skills while friends can tag-team it to create crazy combos and finisher moves for the ultimate brawl.
• Brawler-style Gameplay: Action-packed, intuitive gameplay for all skill-levels.
• Robust combo system to master: Multiple character specific combos allow players to chain light and heavy attacks to increase their Combo/Power meters and unleash devastating “Finisher” moves and “Co-Op Finisher” moves.
• Upgradeable Attack System: Power-up by collecting “crimson spark” currency from defeated enemies and destructible environments to purchase upgrades.
• Instant Character Swap: Users can instantly switch between two characters mid-combat to utilize each character’s strengths.
• Cinematic Boss Battles: Epic, action-packed and absolutely thrilling battles featuring full-screen, dynamic and wickedly challenging bosses.
• Robust Achievement system: Similar to Xbox 360 and PSN, players are rewarded with an Achievement Title signifying their accomplishment. Taking it one step further, these Achievements also unlock bonus videos, concept art and new challenges in the game.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Spyborgs
More On GameRevolution