Release Date: Q4 2004
Genre: Survival FPS
On the afternoon of April 12 in 2006, a massive explosion shattered
the Chernobyl area. The Zone, as the area got to be known, was characterized
by anomalous energy disturbances, which rendered even the most advanced
form of protective suits worthless. Fearful of the consequences, the
military quarantined the area to prevent unauthorized entry and reassure
the local populace that the area was under control.
Almost 4 years after the initial event, expeditions can now safely
traverse several kilometers deep into the Zone. Among these are the
Stalkers, assorted groups of mercenaries, poachers and thieves that
enter the zone searching for artifacts and anomalous formations that
are highly sought after by certain organizations and groups.
You are a Stalker. Entering the zone you hope to make your fortune, but
soon you realize that your role is to discover what really happened in
Chernobyl all those years ago.
Key Features :
- Gigantic game world of 30 square kilometers
- Free non-linear exploration with vast outdoor and indoor areas
- Constantly changing world due to unique "life simulation" AI system
- Unique weapons and impacts: gravitational weapons, psychotropic
weapons, telekinesis and telepathy.
- Over 25 types of weapons and upgrades
such as sights and grenade launchers.
- Non-linear story line with
over 8 completely different endings
- Original creatures and their
abilities: group intellect, telepathy, telekinesis and realistic
communication with any sapient character
- Trade weapons, artifacts
- Drive an array of land based vehicles – Lorries,
cars and jeeps
- Mind blowing graphics and weather effects powered
by the unique X-Ray engine
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.