DEVELOPER: 4J Studios
PUBLISHER: Bethesda Softworks
RELEASE DATE: Fall 2006
PLATFORM: Sony PlayStation 2
STAR TREK: ENOUNTERS is a shoot-‘em-up, arcade-style space combat game for one or two players. Star Trek: Encounters features a wide selection of authentic Star Trek ships, characters, weapons, and mission scenarios based upon The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise generations.
GAME PLAY: Gameplay allows for instantaneous action combined with tactical depth. Star Trek: Encounters will offer an Episode Mode featuring missions based upon elements of the Star Trek movies and TV series, as well as an exciting Skirmish Mode and a two-player Multiplayer Mode.
• Five Generations at Your Control. Ships and characters from five different generations of Star Trek including The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.
• Authentic Trek Universe. Experience the Trek you know with missions based on classic moments from the television series and films.
• Three Exciting Gameplay Modes. Choose from Skirmish Mode to jump right into the action, Episode Mode to complete full-length missions, or Multiplayer Mode to go head-to-head against a friend.
• Thrilling Arcade Action. In this fast-action game, you’ll make tactical use of shields, weapons, maneuvering, energy allocation, crew distribution, and Classic Character Cards as you battle your opponents.
• Twenty Independent Missions. Based on the television series and films, delve into action and be a part of the story that spans 40 years of Star Trek.