Platform: PS2, Xbox and PC
Developer: Pandemic Studios
Release Date: September 21, 2004
Star Wars Battlefront is
an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to
re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles
like never before. Players can select one of a number of different
soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront
and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or
offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant
Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode
that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles
from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four
factions within the game.
Battles are set up in more than 15 environments across 10 diverse
planets such as Hoth, Endor and Tatooine, in addition to memorable
Clone Wars locations like Kamino and Geonosis. Players battle in numerous
different ways using a variety of Star Wars weaponry including
blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition
to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command
posts. Players select to be one of over 20 different unit types from
four factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army
and Separatist Battle Droids. Each unit has specialized abilities and
the freedom to use more than 30 different ground and air vehicles like
the AT-ST, X-wing and speeder bike. Players need to work together with
their teammates to secure enemy command posts in an attempt to rule
the Star Wars galaxy.
Star Wars Battlefront is
optimized for PlayStation 2 online, Xbox Live and PC online.
Console gamers can battle against up to 16 players (plus AI units)
over the Internet or up to 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers
can battle against up to 32+ players on the Internet or via LAN. The
game supports voice chat through compatible headsets for the PlayStation
2 and Xbox console systems as well as PC.
- First and third-person gameplay – depending on player preference.
- Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic
Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
- Multiplayer for 2-16 players (plus AI units) online or 32+ players
- Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
- Battle in more than 15 environments across 10 diverse planets from
the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine,
Kamino and Geonosis .
- More than 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance,
Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids.
Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and
pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
- More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles,
rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based
turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
- More than 30 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST,
X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship
that can hold up to five different soldiers.
- Customizable controls on all systems.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2, Xbox
- Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit
and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.