Platform: Xbox, PC Description
Genre: Role-Playing Game
Developer: Obsidian Entertainment
Rating: "RP" for
Release Date: February 2005
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
II: The Sith Lords is the next chapter to the award winning
game of 2003. Set in the unique timeframe of the Old Republic , 4,000
years before Star Wars Episode I, The Sith Lords features
an all-new more perilous storyline, new characters, classes, locations
and force powers.
Approximately five years after the events of the original Star
Wars : Knights of the Old Republic , the Jedi , nearly
brought to an end by the Sith, are on the brink of extinction.
The galaxy is in turmoil and the Republic no longer has the strength
to protect its worlds. Sith Assassins are hunting the one they
believe to be the last of the Jedi, the one who holds the key to
the fate of the galaxy – You.
In addition to an all-new storyline, The Sith Lords will
feature a host of memorable returning characters along with sinister
new villains. Using over 30 new Force powers, players can turn weak-minded
enemies against one another in combat with Force Confusion or see through
doors and view character alignment with Force Sight. Players can also
explore and battle their way through seven diverse worlds, including
the mining colony of Peragus and Telos, a wasteland being rebuilt after
its destruction during the war in the original game.
After creating a Jedi from the start with access to specific Jedi
abilities, players can split their party to use several characters
from your team for concurrent side quests. Tasked with protecting the
Old Republic and the Jedi Order from its ultimate demise, players will
be challenged with choosing the light side of the Force or surrendering
to the lure of the dark side – as the fate of the galaxy hangs in the
- Sequel to Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic ,
winner of over 35 worldwide "Game of the Year" awards.
- Deep, new story set in the same popular Old Republic timeframe.
- Seven immersive worlds – travel to completely new environments
and locations featuring new visual effects such as rain and snow.
- Over 60 new feats and Force powers with stunning new visuals.
- Many new offensive, defensive, and passive feats to customize your
- A variety of new weapons with new upgrade options – use the wrist
mounted rocket launcher to devastate your enemies.
- Hundreds of new characters to meet and interact with.
- Form your party with up to 10 different characters, each with their
own personalities and motivations.
- Six new classes like the Jedi Weapon Master and the Sith Assassin
allow you to specialize your mastery of the Force.
- Enhanced combat system featuring more combat options and strategies
plus hundreds of new character combat animations.
- Over an hour of new, fully-orchestrated music written by LucasArts
composer Mark Griskey.
- Fully voiced with the same high-quality talent as the first game.
- Downloadable content for Xbox Live available at launch.
- Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the development house founded
by members of the Fallout, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Dark Alliance,
and Planescape: Torment teams.