Planned Release: November 2000
Startopia takes gamers to a once thriving galactic network of starships,
space stations and planets left lifeless with redundant scars of the
apocalypse. You will lead the way in rebuilding the network of space
stations that once served the commerce and communication of the old
empire - reuniting the surviving alien peoples under one banner.
This simulation gives you the opportunity to rebuild and successfully maintain a series of giant Torus (donuts) space stations that are scattered across the galaxy, providing a suitable home for the many alien races that inhabit space, and perhaps turning a tidy profit for your self in the process.
Of course, there are plenty of other enterprising individuals out there with the same goals, not to mention the many hazards that exist in deep space. Often stations are being developed by a number of different life forms and organizations, and it will only be a matter of time before you need to confront your opponents. Will you use economic or military means to force out your opponents? You decide…
- Nine primary character races, each with a unique look and function. Each inhabitant is an individual character, with unique moods, desires and personal history and humorous character animations.
- Fully functioning alien society, with racial animosity and friendships, crime and punishment, leisure and entertainment, and functioning economy.
- Unique 'Torus' play area gives a viewpoint never before seen in a game.
- 16 habitable subsections spanning three decks in each space station.
- Bio-deck with editable landscape and manageable ecosystem allowing complete control of terra-forming.
- Multiplayer support for up to three other stationmasters.
- Varied levels of play, from simple sandbox to detailed station micromanagement.
- 40 different facilities to build within the station, many with customizable layouts and designs.
- Trade and auction goods and services with other players and alien races.
- Research improvements and develop new technologies.
- Simple and intuitive command of security forces for direct conflict with other players or defense against alien threats.
- Indulge in espionage against your opponents with spies, saboteurs, assassins and mutineers.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Startopia
More On GameRevolution