Steel Battalion Screenshots
CAPCOM ANNOUNCES STEEL BATTALION FOR THE XBOX,
THE MOST ADVANCED BATTLE-MECH SIMULATOR DESIGNED FOR THE HOME
E3, LOS ANGELES - May 22, 2002 - Capcom Entertainment today announced Steel Battalion, an exciting battle-mech simulator for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft. Using the most elaborate controller interface ever created, players take a seat inside the cockpit of a mechanized VT (Vertical Tank) and enter into futuristic military warfare. Players pilot 20 different mechs over the course of the game while participating in a multinational task force operation to over throw the government. Ultra realistic visual effects and mech battles in a first-person perspective create the ultimate mechanized military warfare experience. Steel Battalion is scheduled to release in North America this winter. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) rating is pending.
An exclusive 40-button controller has been designed to completely maximize the gaming experience and immerse the player into the role of a Vertical Tank pilot. With trigger buttons to fire weapons; foot petals to accelerate, boost and brake; levers to shift gears and move left to right, gamers must utilize the full potential of their VT's abilities in order to survive on the battlefield. Mastering the controls of this tactical vehicle will allow players to feel as if the VT is part of their own body.
Steel Battalion players operate a strategic battle mech weapon through 12 action-packed levels, fending off dozens of adversaries while attempting to diffuse a riot that has ensued on a Pacific island ruled by a military dictatorship. Unlocking new missions, maps and enemy robots once the game is completed provides endless entertainment. With a diverse arsenal at the player's disposal, including plasma torches and a MK21-6 twin pod rocket launch, there will be plenty of action to go around.
Steel Battalion boasts the following features:
- Control your VT with an exclusive 40-button simulation controller designed and produced exclusively for Steel Battalion.
- First-person perspective view lets players participate in the action through the cockpit of your mech.
- Control a Vertical Tank (VT) which features a variety of weapons such as plasma torches, a 270mm rifle, a MK21-6 twin pod rocket launch, and much more.
- Choose from multiple models of VT's including the Behemoth, Decider and the Falchion.
- Twelve intense action-packed levels. Unlock new missions, maps and enemy robots once the game is completed to provide endless action and entertainment.
- Steel Battalion will make full use of the Xbox hardware in order to create ultra realistic visual effects and realistic mech battles.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Steel Battalion