Steel Soldiers Screenshots
Publisher: EON Digital Entertainment
Developer: The Bitmap Brothers
Platform: PC-CD ROM
Genre: 3D Action/Strategy
Ship Date: June 15, 2001
Steel Soldiers is a highly unique 3D-action/strategy game in which the
player assumes the role of leader of an army of robots. Players must
lead their units into battle to gain territories and destroy the opposing
forces. The entire game is laced with the humorous and almost cynical
personalities of the individual robot units. Through character voices
and animated, cartoon cut scenes, gamers are constantly reminded that
war is hell -but it can still be funny. The game_s real-time strategy
elements are focused on action, thereby keeping the player_s focus on
the battles at hand rather than on resource management.
- Completely 3D environment, boasting 30 missions within six worlds.
- 30 different unit types, including land, sea and air.
- 20 different types of buildings and structures.
- Different map sectors yield different resource amounts and also vary
in strategic superiority, thus forcing the player to think before initiating
- Intuitive point and click control system lessens the learning curve
and gets players right into the action.
- Digital Interactive Music Engine (DIME) scales the volume and tempo
of in-game music to coordinate with battles and heighten the intensity.
- 20 multiplayer maps allow up to eight players to challenge each other
via LAN or Internet connection.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Steel Soldiers