Stronghold 2 Screenshots
Release Date: April 2005
The King, having fled after the defeat of his armies, now attempts to rule his country from a secret location. It is not known if he is even in the country anymore. Now, powerful barons jostle for what is fast becoming a disintegrating kingdom. It is up to you to stem the tides of their ambition and unite the land under the King once again!
Stronghold 2 is the third installment of the Stronghold franchise. The original Stronghold was the first and only game to combine a castle SIM with siege-warfare RTS. Stronghold 2 will be the first to bring the franchise to 3D. Players will be able to build and develop numerous types of castles and defenses while watching their peasants go about their every day lives. Players will see medieval life in all its forms from festivals and jousts to drunken wenches serving their lord dinner. Players will also be given more control over the strategic aspect of the game.
Stronghold 2 will be the most accurate depiction of siege-warfare and castle-life ever portrayed in a computer game.
Become a sovereign ruler over the lands as you build and fortify your citadel. Appease the peasantry by hosting festivals and letting the ale flow or rule with an iron fist and strike fear into the hearts of your subjects.
See the breathtaking medieval setting in beautiful 3D or chose from a variety of other views to survey your domain.
- Be Lord of a true-to-life medieval berg. Watch the falconers deal with the rat 'problem', discover how man and pig lived side by side, see weavers, candle makers and ale wives go about their business.
- Hold great festivals such as jousting tournaments, feasts, and dances or conduct public executions to keep the peasantry in line.
- Brand new soldier types, siege weaponry and castle defenses.
- As lord, your gaze reaches far. Watch life inside castles and behind closed doors. View a trial inside the courthouse, see the Lord's food being prepared in the kitchen, watch the ladyship taking a bath in the solar attended to by her maid servants.
- Earn valuable honor points and use them to rise through the ranks from humble serf to mighty duke or use them to knight your own sworn liegemen and place them in charge of captured castles to expand your kingdom.
- Design your own coat of arms or decorate your castle with flags and banners or heads on spikes – the choice is yours!
- Non-linear interactive story unfolds as you return to your earlier castle and decide which challenge to undertake next.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Stronghold 2
More On GameRevolution