Table Tennis Screenshots
- Rockstar’s goal was to create a game that is perfectly addictive in its focused simplicity, a game that showcases the true possibilities of a next gen experience, not just in looks but also in feel and pace.
- By using the power of the new Xbox 360 hardware and the resolution of new televisions, Table Tennis has an immediacy, an intensity, and a sense of physicality and reality, resulting in a purer, more visceral experience that simply was not previously possible.
- Table Tennis is a distillation of game design philosophy, focusing on removing the traditional areas of compromise inherent in managing size and scope and concentrating the hardware’s entire power on one activity, with the aim of doing that better than it’s ever been done before.
- Rockstar Games first true sports simulation title.
- Developed by Rockstar San Diego, the studio that brought you Midnight Club and Red Dead Revolver.
- The intensity and speed of a fighting game, wrapped in a tight gameplay mechanic that offers a highly unique experience.
- Table Tennis utilizes R.A.G.E., the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine.
- 11 playable characters in all from countries including Japan, Brazil, Sweden, Egypt, the U.S. and others.
- Each character possesses a distinct personality and playing characteristics.
- 7 male characters, 4 female characters.
- Each player has four attributes: Spin, Accuracy, Speed and Power.
- 19 unique venues complete with crowds that chant your name in support and react like a live audience.
- Each character contains an individual skeleton, as well as highly detailed skin, hair and facial textures.
- An average of 30,000 polygons go into creating each character.
- Multiple outfits for each player featuring life-like cloth physics that ripple and sway as you dart around.
- Incredibly easy to pick up and play, the controls of Table Tennis are very intuitive.
- Reflections on the floors and playing surface, as well as the multiple lighting sources and shadows provide an incredible amount of realism.
- Real world sponsors such as Adidas, Butterfly, Killerspin, Paddle Palace and more.
- Player models move realistically with footwork and racket swings linked together to create a realistic sense of inertia and movement while the action remains fast, intense and natural.
- Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis for the Xbox 360 is expected to ship to North American retailers on May 22nd, 2006 for a MSRP of $39.99 and will hit European retail shelves on May 26th, 2006 for a price of â‚¬39.99 and Â£29.99 in the UK.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Table Tennis