Platform: Xbox™ video game system
Release Date: Q4 2001
Developer: The Pitbull Syndicate
Publisher: Infogrames, Inc.
Beauty vs. the beast!
Raw power versus legendary performance in high-impact street racing
mayhem. Rocket through crowded cities, opponents and the law on your
tail, in the ultimate test of man and machine. Test Drive is reborn
with more racing action and thrills than any Test Drive seen before.
You can take the wheel but can you take the challenge?
Brought to you by the developer of Test Drive® 4, Test Drive® 5, Test
Drive® 6 and Demolition Racer™, the Pitbull Syndicate brings Test Drive
to the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft for 2001. With an all-new
game engine, stunningly realistic visuals and physics models, relentless
cops and the most highly-detailed real-world cities ever seen in any
Test Drive, Test Drive for Xbox is indeed the purest form of street
The Beast is back!
- More than 20 of the hottest licensed exotic sports cars and all-American
- Exotic sports cars include the Dodgeí¢ Viper GTS, Jaguar XK-R, Aston
Martin DB7 Vantage, Lotusí¢ Esprit V8, Nissan Skyline-and more!
- Muscle cars include the Ford Mustang and Ford GT-40, Plymouth Cuda,
Dodgeí¢ '69 Charger--and more!
- 4 stunningly realistic and highly-detailed real-world cities including
London and San Francisco
- Fully interactive environments including competitive AI, unpredictable
cross-traffic, reactive pedestrians, gravity-defying jumps, smashable
street-side objects and relentless cops
- Realistic physics model tuned for a fun and exciting racing experience
- Challenging driving modes and special events
- Hot licensed music on the new Test Drive radio station
- 4-player split screen play
- HDTV and wide screen (16:9) support
- Original software tool built to create texture, light and populate
rich and detailed worlds bringing a new level of visual realism and
immersion to video games.
- Numerous cutting edge graphics techniques maximize performance and
visual realism including anti-aliasing, mip-mapping and real-time
lighting. Multi-level reflection mapping also brings a new dimension
to the cars
- AI editor designed to orchestrate street intersections and vehicle
response in complex ways. For example, the system allows traffic signals
to change from green to red, and in response, traffic and pedestrians
- Optimized vertex shaders using unique-to-Xbox extensions not available
on current platforms. For example, trees will sway realistically in
- Dynamic hardware-accelerated object occlusion technology
- Dynamic pixel shader effects - per pixel lighting, reflection and
- Dynamic time-of-day lighting (eg. daylight to dusk)
- Stunning weather effects - fog, rain, snow, hail - including rain
splashes off the cars, lights reflecting off the road, etc.
- Surround sound, 3D positioned for all objects and spot- effects