Developer: Square Co., Ltd. / DreamFactory Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Electronic Arts L.L.C.
Format: Playstation 2 computer entertainment system, on DVD
Genre: RPG Action
ESRB: T (projected)
Ship Date: January 2001
The Bouncer combines fast-paced fighting action with Square's trademark
story-telling skills to bring you the Playstation2 computer entertainment
system's first Action-RPG game.
A typical evening at a local bar erupts into chaos as members of a
Special Forces strike team descend through the roof to kidnap a young
girl, Dominique. Three bouncers- Sion, Volt, and Kou- come to the rescue,
only to see the invaders grab Dominique, retreat through a window, and
escape. Thus begins the journey of these young heroes as they strive
to rescue their friend.
Combining the fighting genre expertise of Dream Factory with the creative
talents of Square, The Bouncer is a dynamic blend of RPG and Action
gaming. Helping to bring the dramatic story to life are the high-resolution
graphics and fully-utilized voiceovers, both of which are made possible
by the Playstation2 computer entertainment system's powerful graphic
capabilities and new DVD format. In addition to the single-player story
mode, The Bouncer also features a number of multi-player modes that
support the multitap (for Playstation2), allowing up to four players
to compete simultaneously.
Some features include:
- All game dialogue is delivered through voiceovers- players can choose
either English or Japanese.
- Spectacular water, fire, and lightning effects in large, interactive
- Full 3D combat environment allows battles to take place anywhere.
- Characters can earn upgrade points in Story Mode that allow them to
purchase new techniques or increase ability scores such as health and
- Customized characters can be saved to a memory card (for Playstation2),
and later be used to battle a friend's character.
- Four different game modes, including Story, Team Battle, Versus, and
Survival- with support for the multitap (for Playstation2), up to 4
players can compete simultaneously in multi-player modes.
- Versus Mode contains four additional sub-modes that give the player
a variety of gameplay options.
- High-resolution, real-time graphics rivaling those from CG animations.
- Over a dozen characters are available in multi-player modes.
- Branching storyline with multiple endings.
- Character designs by famed Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and
Parasite Eve artist, Tetsuya Nomura.