Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness Screenshots
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design
Format: PlayStation 2, PC
Release Date: November 2002
ELSPA Rating: tbc
A new Lara Croft for a new generation. Eidos Interactive and Core Design announce the return of the world's most famous video game character in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darknessí”. The game will be released on PlayStation 2 and PC in November 2002.
A series of grisly murders brings Lara into conflict with a sinister Alchemist from the past, and a secret alliance of powerful individuals shrouded in mystery. At the centre of this conflict are five 14th century paintings - the Obscura Paintings, which the Alchemist is desperate to repossess.
Accused of the murder of her one time mentor Von Croy, Lara becomes a fugitive on the run. Pursued by the police, she is drawn into a dark world of blood, betrayal and vengeance spanning across hundreds of years. It is up to her to defeat this unholy alliance and stop them from unleashing their incredible powers on the world.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is classic Lara, but this time as both hunter and hunted she must rely on her ingenuity, athleticism and a new edge that has arisen from her dark inner demons. The game introduces a whole host of new gameplay features including interaction with other characters and the capacity to improve Lara's abilities depending on how you play the game. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness employs a brand new engine built to fully utilise the power of PlayStation 2 and the latest PC graphics cards. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous Tomb Raider games.
- New Lara, New attitude!
- Character evolution -you can improve Lara's abilities depending on how you play the game. You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara's jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength etc.
- Character interaction - for the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara's route through the game.
- Strong narrative - that drives Lara through the game with sub-plots that emerge through the course of the game and detailed character histories.
- Cutting edge graphics - brand new engine designed to fully utilise the power of PlayStation 2 and the latest PC graphics cards. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous games. Spectacular graphical effects - weather, lighting & reflective maps.
- Massively improved animation system - Lara now has more than 180 incredibly fluid animations (as opposed to 25 in previous Tomb Raider games).
- Brand new control system - allowing much more direct control over Lara. The previous 'grid-based' control system has been replaced with a much more intuitive system.
- New range of moves - including hand-to-hand combat, stealth mode, 'last-chance' grab etc.
- New playable character - Kurtis Trent with his own distinctive moves and gameplay mechanics.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness
More On GameRevolution