SAN FRANCISO – September 21, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced Tork™: Prehistoric Punk™ for the Xbox ® video game system from Microsoft. Tork: Prehistoric Punk , a high-spirited, fast-paced action-adventure game, allows gamers to play as Tork, a fearless and determined cave boy hero who has magical powers that allow him to travel through time and transform into other creatures. Tork: Prehistoric Punk will ship for Xbox ® in North America , January 2005 for a suggested retail price of $19.99.
" Tork: Prehistoric Punk is one of the few high-action yet kid-friendly games available for Microsoft's Xbox™ system," said Helene Juguet, Ubisoft's director of marketing in the United States. "With an expected ESRB rating of E for 'Everyone,' Tork: Prehistoric Punk will provide great entertainment for kids of all ages."
About the Game
After seeing his village destroyed and his father kidnapped, Tork embarks on an adventure to save his father before the course of history is changed forever. To do so, the spontaneous, young punk will travel and explore different time periods, including his own Prehistoric Age, the Medieval Age, and finally the futuristic Age of Machines. As the game progresses, Tork will gain special abilities and attack modes, learn new tricks and pick up cool age-specific power-ups. Tork will battle large dinosaurs, hails of spears, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters that Mother Nature throws his way. Other gameplay features include:
- Venture through 13 dynamic levels.
- Challenge beastly bosses with a set of bolas that pack a serious punch.
- Using Tork's special magical powers, morph into different animal creatures such as a bulldozing yeti, a mighty armor-plated armadillo, or a high-flying squirrel.
- Unique attacks and abilities add variety to the gameplay.
- Easy to pick up and play, but captivating and varied enough to keep a younger audience interested.