Tribes 2 delivers the ultimate team-based action experience, building
upon the classic original game with tremendous innovations to the teamplay
and tactical gameplay elements. Tribes 2 places gamers in breathtaking
worlds where brainpower and teamwork are the only true keys to survival.
Join an exciting tribe, start one of your own, or enlist in a new race
added for Tribes 2 - the BioDerm Horde. Tribes summons both your intellect
and your gaming prowess in ways once considered unimagineable.
A completely new graphics engine in Tribes 2 adds tremendous depth
and unparalleled replayability to the Tribes franchise. Massive mountain
peaks, treacherous canyons, deep water, and breathtaking water effects
(including wind, rain, snow, fog, and lightning strikes) trigger your
impulses for exploration upon entering the worlds of Tribes 2.
Tribes 2 continues to evolve the award winning gameplay introduced
in the original with all-new weapons, missions, play modes and vehicles.
Compete with more than 50 others via the internet or over Local Area
Network (LAN) alongside human or AI teammates. Tribes 2 also introduces
single-player action to the franchise, with single player campaigns
and training missions to ease players into the action.
Community building innovations, such as in-game voices and text communications,
web-based message forums, and automatic player and tribe webpage hosting,
will be embedded in the Tribes 2 game.
- Change your, role from a light infantry sniper to a heavy-armor
defender as well as the strategies and tactics employed by your team
in real time
- Compete in breathtaking, "no boundary" environments with
seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor settings.
- Immerse youself in massive worlds tormented by real time weather
conditions (rains, snow, fog and lightning) and environmental elements
(water, lava and quicksand).
- Deliver destruction with three new weapons as well as completely
upgraded versions of existing weapons.
- Advance your tribes' positions and gather intelligence with three
new vehicles, including a 4-wheel Scout ATV, tank with gunner station,
and 6 person APC.
- Recruit members to join your own Tribe, coordinate the Tribes' activities
and share mods/maps within the Tribes 2 client via voice and text
chat, email, instant messaging, forums, news and web browsing.
- Experience authentic multiplayer action before setting foot on the
online battlefield of Tribes 2 with new single player training missions
- Create your own sophisticated maps in minutes with a revolutionary
new "Point & Click" Terrain Editor
Release Date: Fall 2000