Street Date: Q1 2003
Audience: Ages 16 and up
Platform: Windows® 98/ME/XP
TRON® 2.0, in development by critically acclaimed Monolith Productions, is a story-driven, first-person PC action game. Combining the best of the genre with a truly innovative look and breakthrough game play, TRON 2.0 delivers an adventure unlike any other. Set in an alternate universe inside a computer, the title takes PC gaming to a new level with intense action, out-of-this-world villains, fast and furious disc battles and high-speed light cycle races.
Inspired by the story and style of TRON, the 1982 cult film classic, TRON 2.0 is a contemporary sequel that takes place in the present day, approximately 20 years after the events of the film. Players assume the role of Jet Bradley, a talented, young computer programmer in search of his missing father, Alan Bradley, a lead character in the film who created the TRON program. Delving deep into a strange and chaotic digital world, Jet must confront evil forces that are planning to take over the world's computer systems by using his father's human digitization technology. The quest leads players through danger-filled action in unbelievable locales. Gamers, armed with an assortment of digital weapons, shields and gadget subroutines, can compete on the legendary Game Grid, contend with deadly programs and circumvent devious obstacles as they travel through settings never-before-seen in PC gaming.
- Brand new story line that continues the Tron legend 20 years later
- Story-driven single-player game and team-based multi-player levels
- Stunning next generation 3D graphics rendered by the state-of-the-art LithTech™ Triton System
- Introduction of new characters, including: Jet Bradley, Ma3a, Mercury, Thorne, ICP Kernel
- A wide variety of new, modern locations, including: Lab Server, Game Grid, Personal Computer, Power Router, Ancient Mainframe, Internet City Hub, Infected Server, PDA, Database, and Firewall.
- New light cycles, re-designed by Syd Mead, world famous concept designer of the TRON film, that players race on the Game Grid in third-person perspective
- Innovative character-augmenting subroutine system, including weapons, shields, gadgets and modifiers, that players use to equip and fine-tune their character
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.