Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Screenshots
Title: " Vanguard: Saga of Heroes"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Sigil Games Online Inc.
Format: CD-ROM and DVD-ROM for Microsoft ® Windows ® XP operating system. DirectX ® 9.0-compliant video card
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Spring 2006
"Vanguard: Saga of Heroes" represents the next evolutionary leap in massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) from the original creators of "EverQuest." Building on its many years of development expertise in this genre, Sigil Games Online is committed to delivering to players the full grandeur of life in a fantasy world — from exploration of faraway lands and intense battles with fantastic creatures all the way up to changing the very landscape and society in which they live.
"Vanguard" is a dynamic world in which players can follow different paths of advancement, including assuming the roles of adventurers, diplomats, crafters and merchants. They can make their mark on the world while ultimately shaping and forming its future. "Vanguard" is a high-fantasy-themed MMORPG with a heavy focus on character advancement, an immersive world and player interdependence. Players will travel with trade caravans across deserts and fight pirates on the high seas. They will ascend the highest peak and explore the eerie depths of the darkest dungeons. "Vanguard" will offer a next-generation online world in which players will actually experience what they have only previously imagined possible.
- Third-generation MMORPG. " Vanguard" is a premier third-generation MMORPG. It is a vast, seamless, immersive virtual world filled with elements of both familiar and exotic high fantasy, all depicted using cutting-edge graphics technology. Sigil Games' expertise and experience in the field will introduce groundbreaking static and dynamic content to the genre.
- Unparalleled adventure. "Vanguard" revolutionizes the MMORPG genre with an Advanced Encounter System. These next-generation game mechanics build on party-specific threat scaling and scripting technologies. Dynamic spawning and nonplayer-character populations ensure deeper story- and quest-driven adventures for players, while addressing many of the problems with current MMORPGs such as camping and kill-stealing. Players will experience the magic of "Vanguard" through classic hair-raising dungeon crawling and social camaraderie.
- Breathtaking landscapes and environments. Players enter a vast and detailed fantasy world, passionately designed and art-directed by award-winning artist Keith Parkinson. Parkinson brings "Vanguard" to life by combining his unique artistic vision with next-generation 3-D graphics to create realistic fantasy. Exploration will take players across multiple continents with strikingly different environments that will directly affect gameplay.
- Exciting and visceral combat. Although still very much a traditional role-playing game, "Vanguard" also introduces more tactical action and decision-making into combat. Timing, as well as working with other players during combat, will play a significant role. Cooperation during melee combat and casting cooperative magical spells will lead players to victory.
- Multiclass choices of adventurer, diplomat and crafter. Characters in "Vanguard" can be adventurers, diplomats or crafters, or all three. Players can work on their adventuring experience one evening, diplomat skills another evening and their crafting skills the next. "Vanguard" also takes crafting to the next level by integrating "risk and reward" into harvesting materials, and refining and assembling goods.
- City-states. The true measure of players' skill and mettle in "Vanguard" will be how they cooperate with other players to build city-states. Whether you are an adventurer, crafter or diplomat, city-states represent the ultimate test and realization of your abilities.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
More On GameRevolution