Torrance, Calif., (July 31, 2007) --- Are you ready to fight? Lace up your gloves and take on your friends in the best boxing simulation outside of stepping into a ring on the Wii! XSEED Games today announced that it has acquired North American publishing rights for Victorious Boxers: Revolution, a challenging, intense boxing title for the Wii home video game system, scheduled for release in Fall 2007.
A boxing game with realistic boxing action and intuitive controls, Victorious Boxers: Revolution takes full advantage of the unique capabilities of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to give players an authentic, real-life boxing experience. The various moves include punches like jabs, straights, uppercuts and hooks, as well as defensive maneuvers like ducks and sways. Players can enjoy several rounds with their friends or play through the deep and compelling Story Mode as they follow the story of Ippo Makunouchi, a high school student who is bullied by his classmates, as he rises to the top of the professional boxing ranks.
Various control schemes allow eager players to punch and weave with their body to make the action appear onscreen for the full boxing experience, as well as less strenuous options and even Classic Controller compatibility. The viewpoint is positioned right behind the player's transparent fighter to further enhance the feeling of being right there in the heat of battle.
- Realistic one-on-one boxing experience, the first of its kind on the Wii
- Massive Story Mode with loads of in-game cut-scenes, voiced dialogue and plenty of unlockable content including special abilities, stages and boxers, with three difficulty settings to choose from
- Sparring Mode with a variety of adjustable settings such as number of rounds and knock-down limits
- 25 playable characters to choose from, each with their own unique special moves such as the Gazelle Punch, Shotgun and Flicker Jab, and ability to adjust their speed, power and strength parameters
- Three different types of control modes: Swing Mode allows the player to punch and maneuver using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as if they are wearing boxing gloves; Pointer Mode allows the player to point and place a cursor on their target on screen and execute the moves with a smaller movement of the Wii Remote; and Classic Controller Mode
- A variety of stages / venues to choose from, including Sydney City Arena, Las Vegas Palace and Korakuen Hall
The ESRB rating and suggested retail price will be announced at a later date. Additional information on the title will be available at http://www.xseedgames.com.
A live demo video clip from GameSpot's E3 2007 live coverage can be seen at http://www.gamespot.com/video/936582/6174546/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32007_videos.
XSEED Games XSEED Games was founded in November 2004 by a small group of talented professionals, all of whom have extensive experience in the video game industry. Led by president Jun Iwasaki, the team launched several multi-million seller titles and many quality Japanese titles in multiple genres across the PlayStation game console, PlayStation2 computer entertainment system and PC platforms. More information on XSEED Games can be found at http://www.xseedgames.com.