E3, LOS ANGELES May 18, 2005— ‘Awaken the hero-ness from within’ as Capcom today announced that it’s favorite ‘Joe’ will star in two brand new action-packed titles. Viewtiful Joe™ VFX Battle (working title) brings intense versus-style action to the series. Premiering on the Nintendo GameCube™ and PSP™ handheld entertainment system, this game has Joe and his friends battling it out with their VFX powers to determine who will star in Captain Blue’s latest production. In Viewtiful Joe™ DS (working title) a new mysterious syndicate invades the peaceful “Movie Studio” theme park and it’s up to Joe to reestablish the tranquility that once was. Available for the Nintendo DS, the game will make full use of the handheld's dual-screen and touch-sensitive panel. Both Viewtiful Joe VFX Battle and Viewtiful Joe DS are currently scheduled to be released throughout North America this winter.
In Viewtiful Joe™ DS an action-movie hero’s work is never done! During an on-location shoot of Captain Blue's latest movie, a new sinister group literally steals the show and it’s up to our not-so-average Joe to reclaim it. Using the Nintendo DS™ dual screens, gamers help Joe split the screen wide open to solve mind-boggling puzzles and perform his devastating moves in this side-scrolling action title. Plus the ‘Joe Camera’ let’s you pull the upperscreen down to literally give Joe a helping hand. To help with all this chaos is Joe's quarrelsome little sister, Jasmine, who joins in on the action this time around.
Viewtiful Joe™ DS will include the following features:
• Viewtiful Joe™ DS retains the exciting cel-shaded gameplay that is synonymous to the series.
• All new and engrossing storyline set within the “Movie Studio” theme park.
• A diverse set of new enemies to tackle and defeat.
• Introduction of a new character to the “Joe” family - Meet Joe’s little sister, Jasmine, an aspiring actress who gets caught up in the movie action.
• Innovative use of the Nintendo DS Dual Screens - Make use of the handheld's dual-screens and touch-sensitive panel to help Joe solve puzzles and progress through the game.