Voltage is a futuristic racing game with real-time strategy elements, which is being developed by IBA Group, situated in Czech Republic. Voltage takes the rush and thrill of speed racing to a new level. Races take place far in the future on the planets of the Solar system, where players compete in the fastest and most technologically advanced races, to acquire the supreme title of the Solar System’s Best Racer.
Players can choose from a number of vehicles powered by anti-gravity engines that run on electricity, nuclear and tachyon fuel and can jump to reach special sections of the track for a more advantageous position. Once the players have chosen their cars, the exhilaration begins……….
The tracks feature a myriad of futuristic elements: Teleports, Electromagnetic Platforms, Nuclear and Tachyon fuel power-ups to get more of the thrill of speed. Choosing shortcuts to cut down the lengthy races, finding the best route through the turns, up hills, and traps in each course is the main strategy, but along with this comes the responsibility of battling opponents for the right to hold first place.
Key Features include:
- Futuristic 3D racing: action set on the planets of the Solar system: Earth, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and the biggest satellites – the Moon and Europa. The picturesque environment is rendered to closely resemble the original conditions of these planets. Futuristic constructions, light sails, factories, storehouses and tunnels enrich the environments.
- Anti-gravity engines: the vehicles are equipped with 3 engine modifications – Electrical, Nuclear and Tachyon. They enable the player to boost the vehicle speed depending on the situation and the availability of a certain fuel type.
- Fuel power-ups: a number of fuel power-ups can be found at every track for use with different engine types. Tachyon fuel is based on a hypothetical subatomic particle that enables traveling faster than the speed of light. Tachyon fuel is used to accelerate the vehicle and push away competitors.
- Bonuses: the Teleport, Flash EMB, Tachyon Scout, Soft Shield and other bonuses are available to both the player and his/her opponents.
- Track features: a total of 15 non-linear tracks on 7 planets add more excitement to the game. There are upper sections of the tracks reachable only at full speed with the help of the Jump and Fly feature and challenging vertical sections that will require the best of racing experience.
- Supporting three modes of play – Championship, Quick Race and Multi-player.
- Plus a lot more.
Voltage has a back story, taking place in 3005 and sets the theme for all locations in the game, which represent a diverse set of environments and challenges.
Voltage– speed, intensity, and challenge!
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Voltage