Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Incog Inc. Entertainment
Players: 1-2 players
Platform: PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System
Peripherals: DUALSHOCK™2 analog controller, standard digital controller, Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2)
Launch Date: Coming Soon
Target Age: 13 +
Rating: Rating Pending
From the developers of the critically acclaimed Twisted Metal:Black™, comes a brawler of monstrous proportions. Sony Computer Entertainment America, Santa Monica and Incog Inc. Entertainment have teamed up to develop War of the Monsters exclusively for PlayStation®2. Inspired by classic sci-fi and giant monsters movies of the '50s and '60s, War of the Monsters features gargantuan beasts in a raging battle on planet Earth.
Get ready to embody the soul of a 100-foot tall monstrosity as you clash with opponents in thriving cities, run rampant through bustling streets, pulverize opponents with body slams and fight off military defenses. War of the Monsters enables you to re-live your favorite monster movies with ten different creatures engaging in all out carnage. Ten fully interactive environments offer numerous weapons, including steel girders, radio antenna, moving vehicles, building rubble, army tanks and more. Clobber opponents with thunderous uppercuts, hand-to-hand weapons and destructive special attacks. Use huge hunks of debris as a shield, topple buildings onto your foes or pick up and throw tanker trucks like toys. Take advantage of environmental attacks such as tidal waves and earthquakes to defeat your opponent and claim total domination. Skillfully scale towering buildings, wage war on rooftops and bring them crashing down. Relish in the dramatic original musical score as each monster slugs it out for ultimate supremacy. Which monster will revel in triumph and which one will surrender to its brutality? Only one will rule this War of the Monsters.
*Features are subject to change as the game is still in production.
- From the developers of the critically acclaimed Twisted Metal:Black.
- Select from ten 100-foot tall, raging, mutant monsters and man-made armored robots.
- Clash with up to three opponents simultaneously for a four-monster battle royale - battle against three CPU-controlled monsters in single-player mode, or challenge a friend and two CPU-controlled opponents in two-player mode.
- Multiple attack techniques are available for strategic combat - hurl projectiles at opponents, clobber them with uppercuts, karate kicks and thunderous slaps, or lock fists in a grapple for supremacy.
- Two-player split screen view dramatically merges for full screen action as the combatants approach one another.
- Climb, jump, strafe or rampage through 12 fully destructible environments.
- Battlegrounds are alive with moving vehicles, towering buildings, people and military defenses.
- Master each monster's "rage" and unleash a special attack strong enough to flatten a 100-foot tall giant.
- Pulverize opponents with body slams or send them hurling across cityscapes.
- Scour the battlefield for weapons such as steel girders, army tanks and radio antenna; swing them to beat down opponents or throw them to impale and stun them.
- Trigger environmental attacks such as tidal waves, earthquakes and vicious ant swarms.
- Aggravate opponents with roaring battle taunts.
- Epic musical score accompanies each furious battle.
- Mini-games and multiple one- and two-player modes - Adventure, Free-for-All, Elimination and Endurance - to extend replay value.
- Relive your favorite gargantuan monster movies!