Warcraft 3 Screenshots
Blizzard Fact Sheet
Ship Date: Winter 2002
Building on the success of the Warcraft and Starcraft series, Blizzard
hopes to elevate the current definition of strategy games by including
more role-playing elements such as hero characters, fewer units, less
concentration on resource management and more interactive environments.
In Warcraft III, players control smaller, more powerful forces as they
complete quests and interact with non-player characters, while simultaneously
devising strategies to succeed in the overarching mission of defeating
opponents. Heroes serve as special units with the ability to advance
levels, collect items in a small inventory and confer special benefits
on units near them.
Key features in the game include:
- Five different races to command including Orcs, Humans, Demons and Undead, each possessing unique units, magical abilities and weapons of war.
- Legendary heroes lead powerful forces while completing quests, gaining experience and acquiring special items.
- Fully interactive 3D world that incorporates non-player characters; wandering monsters; neutral towns, strongholds and temples; and environmental effects.
- Skeletal and skinning animation process allows infinite frames of animation resulting in true fluid movement of 3D models.
- Campaign editor allow players to create custom 3D maps and complete missions with scripts for units, spells and event triggers.
- Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net including a larger number of
players per game and multiple game types including team play and questing.
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Warcraft 3