Where the Wild Things Are Screenshots
RELEASE DATE: Autumn 2009
PUBLISHER: WB Games
RATING: PEGI 12+, USK 12+
PLATFORMS: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii (Also available on Nintendo DS)
Inspired by the highly-anticipated Warner Bros. theatrical release based on the best-selling children’s book by Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are lets players take on the role of Max as he journeys across the land of the Wild Things, which is on the brink of destruction. Max must join forces with the Wilds Things to find a way to escape to safety before it’s too late.
Where the Wild Things Are is a fun-filled adventure that takes players on a journey through the mysterious island of the Wild Things. Players assume the role of Max, “King of All Wild Things,” as they team up with the fearsome but loveable creatures. While journeying across their island, players learn amazing new skills and abilities. Solve action puzzles, overcome challenging obstacles, and play through a unique story narrative to uncover the mystery behind the hostile island and save the Wild Things before it’s too late!
At any time during the game players have the opportunity to explore the Wild Things’ Village and play through a variety of mini-games, interact with the creatures, and let their imaginations run wild! Where the Wild Things Are takes players on a unique and exciting journey beyond the movie, and brings to life one of the most beloved picture books of all time.
• Rule the Island - Play as the mischievous Max, become King of All Wild Things, and join The Wild Things in their quest to find a way to safety before it’s too late!
• Frolic in the Wild Things Village – Explore the Wild Things’ Village to meet all of the different creatures, play through mini-games, and acquire power-ups from each character.
• Make ‘Wild’ Friends - Befriend and team-up with these fearsome but loveable mythical creatures – discover their unique personalities and learn new skills and abilities from them.
• Discover the Undiscovered – Run, jump, climb, glide, fly and swing your way across the island’s dangerous terrain while battling fierce creatures with your trusty sceptre.
• Wander through Wild Worlds – Adventure across the mysterious island while tackling exciting unique worlds filled with fierce insects, shadow creatures and hazardous obstacles around every turn!
• Experience Extended Adventures – Go beyond the movie to play through a unique story narrative– exploring never-before-seen environments.
• Collectible Crusade – Search for more than 400 collectibles each associated with a Wild Thing. Collect enough and unlock special rewards inside the Wild Things Village!
Content on this page comes directly from press releases and fact sheets provided by publishers and developers and was not written by the Game Revolution staff.
More information about Where the Wild Things Are